By Comrade Nnadi Goodluck
President Muhammadu Buhari has cancelled the proposed address to Nigerians today on the COVID-19 pandemic ravaging the nation.
This was disclosed through Twitter by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina.
Mr. Adesina said that there was no presidential broadcast planned by the presidency today.
He said: “No presidential broadcast on COVID-19 updates today. None was planned. Rather, the Presidential Task Force will during its usual media briefings bring the nation up to speed on the next steps.”
Recall that the national coordinator of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Sani Aliyu revealed that the president will address the nation on Monday when he appeared on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics.
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha had earlier told journalists on Sunday afternoon that Nigerians should expect new directives on Monday as the movement restriction put in place to curtail the spread of the COVID-19 virus ends.