You’ll learn how to verify your name on the NYSC Senate List 2020 Batch ‘A’ for all institutions.
NYSC Senate List is a list of graduations who have been mobilized to participate in the one year mandatory National Youth Service Corps Programme. Anyone whose name is not on the Senate list will not be eligible to register for NYSC. See documents you need at cyber cafe for NYSC online registration.
So, in this article, you’ll learn how to verify your name on the NYSC Senate List for all institutions in Nigeria.
Every graduate should ensure that their names are on the Senate academic list of their various institution for NYSC mobilization.
Note: the NYSC Senate list is only meant for Nigerian trained graduates. Those who studied outside Nigeria do not need to see their names on the Senate list before registration. See NYSC registration requirements for foreign students.
NYSC itself does not decide whose name will be on the Senate list, rather your institution is totally responsible. So, it is your institution that will prepare and upload the list on the NYSC portal.
If you really want to go for NYSC, proceed to verify your name on the Senate list.
What to do for your name to be added on the NYSC Senate list
- Complete your final clearance with your institution,
- Sign up for NYSC at the Directorate of Students’ Affairs in your school,
- Confirm your name on senate list before your institution send it to NYSC
- Make sure your name is on the JAMB matriculation list.
If you follow the four(4) steps above, your name will definitely be added on the NYSC Senate list for the upcoming batch.
Now, let me show you how to verify your name on the Senate list for NYSC mobilization.
How to check your name on the NYSC Senate list
Follow the step by step procedures to check your name on the NYSC Senate list for all institutions;
- Go to NYSC portal,
- Scroll down to locate “Check Senate List or its equivalents”, and click on the link,
- Select your Institution,
- Enter your Matriculation number
- Enter your Surname
- Select your Date of Birth (Day, month, and year). If date of birth box is not clicking, leave it that way.
- Click on “Search” button to view your Senate list status.
Alternative method to Check your name on the NYSC Senate List
- CIick on https://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc/verifysenatelists.aspx
Select your Institution
Enter your Matriculation Number
Enter your Surname
Select your date of birth
Click on “Search” button
If the page displays your details that means your name is on the Senate List.
But you need to pay attention to the “Status column” by the right hand side to know whether you are eligible to register for NYSC or have problem relating to different of names, JAMB reg No, etc.
NYSC website to check senate list