In this post, candidates will learn how to procure JAMB registration form and how to successfully register for JAMB exam.
According to JAMB, all candidates including those registering from foreign countries are to register before the given deadline.
How much is JAMB Registration
You will need to pay for the following materials;
1. JAMB ePIN which is N3500,
2. Compulsory Novels to read for the exam which is N1000,
3. Registration at JAMB CBT centres which is N700
Choosing of Institution
Your 1st choice can be any of the following;
1. College of Education,
3. Innovative Enterprise Institute,
4. Polytechnic or Monotechnic,
5. NDA (Nigerian Defence Academy) or Nigeria Police Academy.
JAMB General Entry Requirements
The general entry requirements for admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria are;
Five (5) O’Level credit passes, including Mathematics and English Language at not more than two sittings. More details are available in the JAMB eBrochure which would be given to every candidate at point of registration.
JAMB 2020 General Registrstion Instructions
The official registration Fee is Three Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N3,500).
- Additional Five Hundred (N500) Naira only, is paid to obtain the reading text “Sweet Sixteen” by Bolaji Abdullahi for UTME Candidates and “The Last Days at Forcados High School” by A.H. Mohammed for DE Candidates.
- $20 for Candidates from the eight foreign centres.
- A CD containing JAMB eSyllabus, eBrochure and other vital materials will also be given to candidates who paid for registration.
- Candidates should note that their ePINs are tied to individual proﬁle and are not transferable.
- Candidates are advised to keep as private and confidential their details such as; registration numbers, passwords, ATM Cards, email addresses and ePINs.
- No centre is allowed to request for a candidate’s password.
How to purchase JAMB 2020 Form
There are several ways you can buy ePIN for JAMB registration;
A. Through JAMB ePIN Selling Points (ePIN outlets) are:
- NIPOST and eleven Participating Banks (ACCESS, FCMB, FIDELITY, FIRSTBANK, JAIZ, Polaris, Stanbic IBTC, STERLING, UNION and UNITY)
- Mobile Money Operators: Paga, e-Transact, Pocket Moni, TEASYPay, Packway Projects (Readycash) and Xpress payment solutions
- Participating Micro Finance Banks: Trust MFB, Zazzau MFB, Obeledun MFB and Regent MFB
- Online Payment Platforms: System Specs (Remita), InterSwitch (Quickteller) Upper-link, e-Transact and United Payment Services (UPS)
- Cooperative Society: JAMB Multi-Purpose Cooperative Society
- Others: Unique ICT, Digital Partners Network
- ATMs of banks listed in (1) above (InterSwitch)
USSD (ERCAS) for mobile banking
- Nigerian Embassies in Abidjan, Accra, Addis Ababa, Beau, Cotonou, Jeddah, Johannesburg, and London
Duties of Participating Banks/Outlets
- Collect the Profile Code from candidate’s phone
Collect payment and vend ePIN by SMS to candidate’s phone (Not dictating or copying)
- Facilitate POS Payment (if necessary)
Issue Evidence of Payment
- Collect Centre Service Fees, if requested by the CBT Centre
- ePIN is to be delivered electronically to candidates and not to be handwritten
How to use different JAMB ePIN payment methods
- PAYMENT THROUGH POS: This is available at State Ofﬁces of JAMB and CBT Centres.
- Present Proﬁle Code and pay by card.
- After payment ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number
- PAYMENT THROUGH MOBILE MONEY OPERATORS: This is available at CBT Centres and Other Outlets.
- Present Proﬁle Code and pay by cash.
After payment, ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number.
- PAYMENT USING ATM: This is available on all ATM outlets of Participating Banks listed in C(I) (InterSwitch Channel).
Select Bill Payment and then pick JAMB.
Enter Proﬁle Code and pay.
ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number
ONLINE PAYMENT ON JAMB PORTAL
- Visit JAMB website: jamb.gov.ng
- Click Purchase of 2020 Application Document
- Enter your Proﬁle Code
- Select payment method (InterSwitch or Remita)
- ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number
PAYMENTS USING USSD (ERCAS)
- Dial *565*6*55019#
Enter Proﬁle Code
- Select bank and follow the prompts to complete payment
- ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number
How to recover lost JAMB ePIN
If at any time your ePIN is not received or Lost after payment, simply send as text message [UTMEPIN] or [DEPIN] to 55019 for UTME or DE respectively from the phone number used for JAMB registration.
The ePIN would then be retrieved and delivered on the candidate’s unique number.
After successful payment and obtaining ePIN, candidates should proceed to any of the JAMB accredited CBT centred to complete his/her registration.
JAMB Registration Process at CBT centres
Candidates are to present their ePIN at any JAMB accredited CBT Centre for completion of registration.
The name of the candidate as typed by the candidate on his/her phone when creating JAMB proﬁle will come up automatically on the input of the ePIN by the CBT centre.
Candidates are to;
- Provide Biodata duch as; Date of Birth, Nationality, State of Origin, Local Government, Gender, e-mail address, and so on.
- Pay NOT more than N700 as Service Charge to the CBT Centre
- Provide choice of institutions and programmes (disciplines)
- Provide qualiﬁcation with grades and dates, if not awaiting result
- Upload relevant certiﬁcates, if not awaiting result
O’Level and or A’Level grades are to be provided by candidates.
- Candidates who are awaiting results should supply the results online as soon as they are available on JAMB’s portal.
- No recommendations from any Institution will be considered by JAMB if the candidate has not supplied his/her result on the portal of JAMB
- Supply JAMB registration number for previous institutional certiﬁcates for DE only
- Provide UTME subjects and choice of examination town(s) for Mock examination (optional)
Examination for UTME (actual examination)
- Do picture capture (no scanning of passport photograph)
- Do Biometric enrolment (ten ﬁngers)
- Review entries and conﬁrm correctness
- Print Registration Slip USING BIOMETRIC AUTHENTICATION
- Collect, at no other cost, the reading text and CD
- Each Candidate is to collect his/her e-slip at the end of registration as evidence of registration
- There will be no ofﬂine registration, as all the accredited CBT centres have been empowered for real time online registration.
- No candidate should register at any centre other than the accredited CBT centre and JAMB State-Ofﬁces.
- Any candidate who is registered outside approved centres will be identiﬁed and disqualiﬁed.
JAMB General Registration Information
- All candidates must mandatorily register their proﬁles through text messages as illustrated above before proceeding to buy the ePIN
- The registration fee is non-refundable
- As it is the practice, centres are allowed to charge not more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only as registration fee.
- Any centre that charges more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) should be reported to JAMB for appropriate sanctions.
- All CBT centres have been mandated to select any of the participating banks, MMOs, MFBs, etc. These ﬁnancial institutions are to be present at the CBT centres for the purpose of collecting all
- No CBT centre staff is allowed to conduct direct cash transaction with the candidates
- Candidates are advised to read and understand the guidelines on admission and instructions on how to complete the online registration before commencing the process of registration
- Multiple registrations are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will be identiﬁed and disqualiﬁed
- Candidates should note that they are required to be present and take live photograph which will be embossed on their result slips and admission letters.
- No scanned/stapled passport photograph is allowed
- Candidates are to note that irrespective of their choice of course of study, they will also be tested on a general text: “Sweet Sixteen” by Bolaji Abdullahi for UTME and “The Last Days at Forcados High School” by H. Mohammed for Direct Entry Candidates
- Candidates/Ofﬁcials would not be allowed to enter into the examination centre with wristwatch, Phone, electronic device, or any pen/biro. Only common pencil is allowed
- Candidates are warned that the Board does not require nor authorise the services of ANY cyber cafe or establishment other than the accredited CBT centres for this exercise