The University of Lagos (UNILAG) has officially released the schedule of activities for the 2019/2020 DLI Residential Program, set to commence on Saturday, October 9th, 2021 and concludes on Saturday, November 20th, 2021.
On or by Saturday, September 25, 2021, all DLI students are expected to complete their course registration for the 2019/2020 semester. The “Hostel Application Button” will be enabled for allocation of hostel bed space as soon as the course registration is completed.
Students must report to Halls of Residence as mentioned on the printout of their accommodation slips with these necessary documentation upon resume on campus:
- School fee receipt indicating full payment of service charge for the current session has been received.
- Two (2) copies of the Accommodation Slip printout
- Evidence of registration with the University Medical Centre is required.
Schedule of Activities for the 2019/2020 DLI Residential Program
- Moving into Halls of Residence for Years 5-6 students – Saturday, 9th October, 2021
- Examination date for Years for year 5-6 students – Monday, 11th October, 2021
- Examination closing date for Years 5-6 students – Friday, 22nd October, 2021
- Vacating the Halls of Residence Years 5 – 6 students – Friday, 22nd October, 2021
- Moving into Halls of Residence Years 3-4 students – Saturday, 23rd October, 2021
- Examination date for Years 3-4 Students – Monday, 25th October, 2021
- Examination closing date for Years 3 – 4 students – Friday, 5th November, 2021
- Vacating the Halls of Residence for Years 3-4 students – Friday, 5th November, 2021
- Moving into Halls of Residence for Years 1-2 students – Saturday, 6th November, 2021
- Examination date for Years for year 1-2 students – Monday, 8th November, 2021
- Examination closing date for Years 1-2 – Saturday, 20th November 202
- Vacating the Halls of Residence for Years 1-2 students – Saturday, 20th November, 2021
- On or before Friday, September 24, 2021, students must finish their fee payment.
- The deadline for all students to register for courses is Friday, September 24, 2021. There will be no additional extensions.
For each of their registered courses, students must bring one recent passport photograph to the Examination Centre. The passport photos must be the same ones that were used to register for the current session.
With effect from Saturday, September 25, 2021, examination dockets will be available for printing.
Students in their last year should make themselves available for an oral project defence. The dates for project defence will be communicated to students by each department.
It should be noted that only fully registered students of the Institute will be permitted to take the examination. The results of unregistered students who take the exam will be annulled.
Covid- 19 Protocols
During the Residential programme, the Distance Learning Institute will insist on adherence to protocols designed to prevent the spread of COVID–19. As a result, students are expected to follow the rules for admission to Halls of Residence and Examination Venues to the letter. The following items will be required for presentation in the Halls of Residence:
- A bottle of alcohol-based hand sanitizer (minimum of 500 ml)
- At least ten (10) face masks are required.
As a result, students must follow the following guidelines:
- Wear a face mask in and out of the residence halls, on campus, and at examination sites.
- Hands should be washed often with soap and water or an alcoholic-based hand sanitizer.
- Maintain a social/physical barrier at examination sites and residence halls.
- Use only the bed space that has been allotted to you.
The management of the distance learning institute (dli) requests that employers release their employees who are dli students. This will allow them to take part in the upcoming residential programme, which will include the 2019/2020 sessional test.