The Alex Otti Foundation (AOF) invites interested applicants to apply for the Foundation’s Tertiary Education Scholarships for the academic year 2021/2022.
Quality education cultivates a person’s mind and character while also teaching them the skills they need to thrive in life and contribute to society. The Alex Otti Foundation (AOF) recognizes this link and works to foster a vibrant Nigerian community through significant educational interventions, including the annual offering of undergraduate scholarships to deserving students.
As a result, the Foundation is now accepting applications for the 2021/2022 edition of its undergraduate scholarship program. The scheme was created to provide financial assistance to destitute students who have ancestors from – or are now residing in – Abia State.
Scholarships will be given out based on a strong academic background, leadership potential, and a demonstrated desire to apply what they’ve learned to help others. Winners should use their talents and knowledge to improve the lives of others once they have completed their studies. The Foundation hopes its scholarship recipients to develop into a strong network of leaders who will individually and collectively contribute to the well-being of Abia State and Nigeria in general.
Qualifications for the Alex Otti Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship
- Students enrolled in any government-owned postsecondary institution in Nigeria in their second year (200 level).
- In his or her first academic session, the candidate must have had a CGPA of at least 3.5 – for universities (or its equivalent, for other tertiary institutions) (that is, First Year).
- Current Alex Otti Foundation scholars’ siblings (children born to the same parents) are not eligible and will not be until their sibling’s current scholarship has completed its term.
Required Documents for the Application
Candidates must submit a statement of results for the first academic session (first year) signed by the department/administrative faculty’s officer (who rightfully is a representative of the registrar in the department or faculty).
- To verify applicant currently resides in Abia State, candidates must present a letter of recognition from their community/religious organization head or a three-month power utility bill.
- Candidates must submit a 1200-word essay divided into three (3) parts in which they explain:
(a) Their nuclear family and how they fit into it
(b) A period when they were a part of a community and what they contributed to it; and
(c) how they feel about giving back to society.
- Candidates must present a form of identification that is both valid and acceptable.
How to Apply
If you’re interested and qualified, please fill out the form below.
To apply, visit the Alex Otti Foundation’s website
Visit the AOF website for additional information.