Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung – Young Voices is a leadership development program for young, driven, and proactive Nigerians who are working and advocating for social justice and good governance and have outstanding leadership potential. Successful applicants will receive educational modules that will broaden their understanding of socioeconomic and political challenges in Nigeria. Project management, group facilitation, conflict management, advocacy, and leadership abilities are among the topics covered in practical sessions.
We welcome your application if you are actively involved in any sector of society, including but not limited to trade unions, civil society organizations, research institutions, administration, educational institutions, and the media; if you have demonstrated a commitment to representing the common interests of the Nigerian people.
About Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES)
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is Germany’s oldest political foundation, with a long history of social democracy dating back to 1925. The organization owes its existence and goal to Friedrich Ebert’s political legacy as Germany’s first democratically elected President. The essential concepts and values of social democracy – freedom, justice, and solidarity – are at the heart of our political foundation’s activities. This establishes a link between us and social democracy and free trade unions.
Qualification requirements for the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Program
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- By the time of application, you must be between the ages of 18 and 32.
- Knowledgeable of Nigeria’s socioeconomic and political challenges,
- Innovative, forward-thinking, and eager to make a difference,
- Have the ability to serve as positive role models
- Able to converse successfully in English and participate in group projects on a regular basis
- If you live in Abuja or the neighboring area, you will be responsible for their transportation to and from the training.
- Prepared to meet the attendance requirement of 95%.
Interview date, Process and Venue
From March to November 2022, the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Open Minds -Young Voices Youth Activists Programme will be held at Wuse II in Abuja.
For 16 – 18 weekends, every second and fourth weekend of the month
Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sundays from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Required Documents For Application
- A letter of motivation addressing the question “How would the program improve your work for the common good of Nigerian society?” (Word Count: 500-1000).
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified, you can visit Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Open Minds official website to fill and submit your application form.