The Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) recently announced the establishment of a N50 million Tech Innovation Development Program targeted at fostering new ideas in the ICT sector.
TIDP Banner – Nigeria Computer Society
What exactly is TIDP?
The goal of the Tech-Innovation Creation initiative is to assist the development of new solutions, tools, and technology that will help the country grow. The Tech-Innovation Development Fund will be used to fund the Tech-Innovation Development Programme.
Vision: To use digital breakthroughs to revolutionize Nigeria.
Mission: To accelerate creative entrepreneurship and the nation’s rapid economic growth through developing and sustaining technical advancements.
To take part in the contest, go HERE.
Areas of Study
According to the Nigeria Computer Society, the Tech-Innovation Development Programme is interested in the following areas:
- Cybersecurity/ critical Infrastructure protection;
- Financial Technologies (FinTech)
- Electoral systems;
- E-government/ Digital Economy
- Smart cities
- Intelligent systems and robotics
- Teleworking & E-platforms
- Industry 5.0
- Digital games
- Membership in the Nigeria Computer Society is required to participate. If you are not yet a member, go to the website.
- Individual participation is not permitted, according to the Nigeria Computer Society (NCS).
- Important Reminder:
- It is only possible to participate as a team.
- There can’t be more than three people on a team.
- Participation by women is encouraged.
- Only young innovators, tech start-ups, students, and young academic researchers are eligible to apply.
- An applicant must have completed or be enrolled in a tertiary institution.
- To be considered for this position, you must be able to demonstrate a strong capacity to design tech-based solutions.
- Applicants must be under the age of 35.
- Only online applications are accepted.
The deadline to register is February 25, 2022.