Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to apply for the position at Guaranty Trust Holding Company (GTCO).
Guaranty Trust Holding Company (GTCO), originally known as Guaranty Trust Bank plc, is a renowned banking company in Nigeria with significant business operations in the UK and Anglophone West Africa.
The Bank currently employs over 10,000 individuals in Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Uganda, and the United Kingdom. Its asset base is currently over 2 trillion Naira, and its shareholders’ funds are over 200 billion Naira.
Job Specifications: Full Time
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- In order to identify, quantify, assess, and mitigate internal and external risks that can prevent the organization from accomplishing its strategic goals, the Head of Risk is in charge of the risk management function.
- He or she will be in charge of managing the dissemination of the organization’s risk policies and procedures, developing practical risk models for market, credit, and operational risk, checking that controls are functioning properly, and providing research and analytical support.
- Establish and measure the organization’s “risk appetite,” and make sure the risk management strategy complies to it.
- Create, implement, and oversee the organization’s risk management plan in accordance with the PENCOM risk management framework.
- In order to proactively detect and evaluate the impact of risks inherent in business operations, oversee surveillance of macroeconomic activities that may have an impact on business activities.
- Oversee the organization’s risk detection and risk mitigation processes.
- Encourage and encourage the implementation of sophisticated risk management techniques and raise awareness of them through training programs and coaching.
- Participate in the evaluation and advice-giving process for portfolio rebalancing, asset allocation, and other investment-related tasks.
- Test the organizations’ risk exposure with stress tests.
- Ensure that risk analysis reports are prepared and distributed to the appropriate parties, such as the risk committee, board members, and group executives.
- Work on issues requiring joint oversight of pension fund risks with the heads of internal audit and compliance.
- To optimize effectiveness, lead and oversee the organization’s staff of devoted risk specialists.
Qualifications And Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Legal (Master’s Degree is an additional advantage)
Minimum of ten (10) years verified professional experience in risk management with at least 4 years in managerial capacity in a PFA business.
Local and international certifications in risk management, such as Certificate in Risk Management (CIRM)
Strong understanding of development and trends in both international and African financial sectors, as well as regulations and trends in these markets
Strong understanding of enterprise risk management concepts, frameworks to proactively identify risks inherent in business operations that can have negative strategic implications for the organization
Strong knowledge of portfolio risk management techniques, e.g. key risk metrics for players in the financial markets, capital management, database management, risk analysis etc.
Good analytical & problem-solving skills
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Deadline: September 30, 2022