The MTN/MUSON Scholarship Program for Young Nigerians is now accepting applications.
The MTN Foundation (MTNF) and the Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) jointly announce the entrance exams for the fifteenth (16th) batch of the MTNF/MUSON Diploma degree in music for the academic year 2021–2022.
The staff and facilities at the MUSON School of Music are up to par with global requirements for music instruction.
The following minimal academic criteria must be met by applicants for the MTNF/MUSON Diploma in music:
- The General Certificate of Education (GCE) ordinary level with credits in at least five (5) subjects including English language.
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with credits in at least 5 subjects including English language.
- The five (5) credits must have been obtained at not more than two (2) sittings and before admission to the Diploma course.
PRACTICAL: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School such as ABRSM or Trinity.
THEORY: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON SCHOOL.
In order to complete the remaining criteria for an undergraduate music degree, our aim is to produce well-rounded, completely educated musicians who would be eligible for direct entry as transfer students into a university. Our curriculum is based on the requirements of a conservatoire since we aim to generate graduates that are on par with them.
- The exams will be given from September 6 through September 8, 2021, and they will be in the following formats:
- A written examination in Music Theory at appropriately grade 5 standard and general music knowledge.
- An audition on a major instrument or voice of at least grade 5 standard before a faculty or jury.
- An aural interview.
How to Apply
Are you capable and interested? To apply, visit MTN Foundation at muson.org.
To the Director of the School of Music, send a cover letter and copies of your certifications to email@example.com.
This information was first published on nyscinfo.com DMCA PROTECTED.