– NYSC Senate List 2020 Batch A – Check Your Name Now!
In this article, I will show you how to check your name on NYSC Senate list 2020 for all Institutions in Nigeria.
It’s important for your name to be included on the Senate list, because that is the only thing that will make you eligible to take part in the upcoming NYSC online registration.
If you are a Prospective Corps Member (PCM), make sure your Institution add your name on the NYSC Senate list. To ensure your school include your name, verify your name on the list before they submit to NYSC.
Senate list is only for home trained graduates (those who graduated from Universities and Polytechnic within Nigeria.
Before I show you how to check your name on the NYSC Senate List, let me first show you the meaning of Senate List.
What is NYSC Senate List?
The Senate list also known as Institutions academic board approved list is the list of all graduates whose results have been approved by the Senate of their Institutions and listed to go for NYSC.
Your Institution has the responsibility to upload names of their qualified candidates to the NYSC portal.
After the uploading of the list, Prospective Corps Members are to visit the NYSC portal for verifications of their names.
Any graduate who really want to go for NYSC should make sure their names are on the Senate list.
How to add your name on the senate list
If your name is not on the senate list, follow the steps below;
- Make sure you have completed your final clearance in your Institution.
- Go to the Directorate of Students’ Affairs in your school, and sign-up for NYSC.
- Make sure your name is on the senate list that your Institution (Directorate of Students Affairs) will publish.
- Ensure your name is on the JAMB Matriculation List. CIick here to check your name on JAMB Matriculation.
If you follow the four(4) steps above, your name will be added on the NYSC Senate list for the upcoming batch.
Again, before I show you steps to check your name on the NYSC Senate List, let me first show you what will happen if your name is not found on the NYSC Senate list.
What will happen if your name is not on the Senate List
You will miss the upcoming NYSC batch, and you that can be painful for your set to left you behind, and their not enough time to waste. Imagine after waiting for so long, only to discover that you are not going with your batch.
Too much waiting at home could make people to begin to ask whether you truly graduated or not.
How to check your name on the NYSC Senate list
Follow the step by step procedures to check your name on the NYSC Senate list (for all institutions in Nigeria)
- Go to NYSC portal, and scroll down to find “Check Senate List…” link
- Click on the “Check Senate List” link. If you click on the link, a form will pop-up.
- Select your Institution
- Enter your Matriculation number
- Enter your Surname
- Select your Date of Birth (Day, month, and year). If date of birth box is not clickable or working, just leave it that way.
- Click on “Search” button to view your Senate list status.
You can CIick Here to check your name on the NYSC Graduation List which is different from Senate list.
Alternative method to Check your name on the NYSC Senate List
- CIick on https://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc/verifysenatelists.aspx
Select your Institution
Enter your Matriculation Number
Enter your Surname
Select your date of birth
Click on “Search” button
If the page displays your details that means your name is on the Senate List.
But you need to pay attention to the “Status column” by the right hand side to know whether you are eligible to register for NYSC or have problem relating to different of names, JAMB reg No, etc. You can CIick Here to see how to register for NYSC online.
NYSC website to check NYSC senate list