Since 2003, the Ministry of Education (MOE) has been utilizing existing resources in schools to nurture young talents in the fields of arts and design. In addition to implementing the ”MOE Program in Human Resource Development for Colleges of Arts and Design” , the MOE, since 2005, has initiated the ”MOE Scholarship Program for Overseas Study in Arts and Design” as well as the ”MOE Award Incentive Program” to encourage college students to participate in international arts and design competitions.
From 2010, the ”Taiwan International Student Design Competition” is held after the ”Taiwan international Design Competition–the Student Section” in 2008 & 2009. It integrates the competitive edges of MOE art and design talent fostering programs. By hosting international student design competitions, ”Taiwan International Design Competition-the Student Section”, additionally encourages art and design students world-wide to participate in contests, which can utilize media and advertisements to promote Taiwan; the program allows international judges or panelists and award winners to advertise the successes of Taiwan’s art and design education programs.
The creative design of the competition theme “One World” must be expressed in the participating entries.
- Product Design
- Visual Design
- Digital Animation
Benefits of Taiwan International Student Design Competition
- Encourage international creative design exchange, develop creative design talents, express the international image of Taiwan attaching great importance to creative design, and establish the international design status of Taiwan.
Product Design, Visual Design, and Digital Animation Category
- Grand Prix (1 winner): NT$400,000 (approx. US$14,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Gold Prize (1 winner for each category): NT$250,000 (approx. US$8,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Silver Prize (1 winner for each category): NT$150,000 (approx. US$5,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Bronze Prize (3 winners for each category): NT$60,000 (approx. US$2,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Honorable Mention Prize (several winners for each category): NT$10,000 (approx. US$350) and a certificate
International Design Association Special Prize: NT$100,000 (approx. US$3,500), an awarding cup and a certificate
Brand Specified Special Prize: Environmental Sustainability Award (3 winners) (Sponsored by TPCA Environment Foundation) NT$100,000 (approx. US$3,500), an awarding cup and a certificate.
Requirements for Taiwan International Student Design Competition Qualification
Students who currently enroll in senior high schools or above (Based on the internet registration deadline, the participant must be born after April 28, 1992, and be younger than 30 years of age. For females who have given birth before year of 30 may have a 2-year extension per birth.).
*Fresh graduates (graduated in 2022) are also eligible.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Taiwan International Student Design Competition
A. Preliminary Selection:
The evaluation will be based on the digital files provided by the participants. The evaluation committee will select finalists for the final selection.
B. Final Selection:
Finalists in Product Design, Visual Design category and Brand Specified category will be judged according to the printout works submitted by the participants. In Digital Animation category, the nominated films will be evaluated according to the digital files.
The design works will be judged on their creativity, interpretation of the theme, expression of concept, and aesthetic approach. Domestic and international experts in different fields will be invited to organize the preliminary and final selection committee to process the evaluation.
|A.||Product Design Category:
Creativity: 50%; Thematic: 30%; Design Presentation: 20%
|B.||Visual Design Category:
Creativity: 50%; Thematic: 30%; Composition and Aesthetics: 20%
|C.||Digital Animation Category:
Creativity: 50%; Aesthetics: 30%; Thematic: 20%
- Online Registration and Online Work Submission Deadline: May 15, 2023 to July 15, 2023, 23:59 (Taipei: GMT+08:00)
- Preliminary Selection: late-August, 2023
- Finalists Announcement: mid-September, 2023
- Delivery Deadline for Final Selection Submission: Related information and the deadline will be noticed in the finalist announcement.
- Final Selection: Early-October, 2023
- Award Ceremony and Exhibition: Early-November, 2023
How to Apply
For more details, visit http://www.tisdc.org/en/registration/themeAndCompetition.