The Future Economy helps young people in Nigeria develop the talents, self-assurance, and skills necessary for a prosperous career as employees or business owners.
We provide The Future Economy Programme, in collaboration with our local partners, to cater to the various goals of young people entering the workforce. With employment possibilities or entrepreneurial endeavors, young people are empowered to make the transition from education to the working world.
The Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs is supporting the SOS Children’s Villages CV, Crosswise Works, and GoodUp initiative known as The New Economy.
The program will run in the following locations: Mogadishu (Somalia), Bamako (Mali), Hargeisa (Somaliland), Lagos (Nigeria), Abuja (Nigeria), Jos (Nigeria), and Bamako.
- Open to Nigerian youths between the ages of 18-35 years.
- Applicants must be resident in these region; Lagos, Abuja, Jos (Nigeria), Bamako (Mali), Hargeisa (Somaliland), and Mogadishu (Somalia)
- Core Life Skills Training: The core life skills training is a very effective program that aims to introduce young Africans to a variety of soft skills necessary for personal development in order to either launch and grow a career in the workplace or launch a business. The young who receive this training will be well-equipped and knowledgeable to make wise selections, including deciding between the entrepreneurial and employment paths.
- Employability Training: In addition, this training offers a combination of soft skills and job preparation abilities to support entry into the workforce. Kids who follow the employability trajectory develop the necessary skills for employment in a business. The youngsters critically reflect on their own career perspectives with the help of a coach, who also helps them locate opportunities for an internship or learning-on-the-job.
- Entrepreneurship Training: The entrepreneurship program is a rigorous, practical eight-week course that focuses on teaching participants how to acquire seed money for the development and sustainability of their businesses.
- Incubation Training: The Future Economy Incubation program is targeted at early-stage firms that are ready to pitch investors and are looking for new collaborations and financing to scale their businesses. This program aims to increase the profitability of businesses by concentrating on their growth and sustainability.
- Call for Application Duration: February 17- Mar 31 2023
- Core Life Skill Batch 1 Training: April 17- May 1 2023
- Core Life Skill Batch 2 Training: May 8-May 22 2023
- Entrepreneurship Training: May 29 -July 11 2023.
Click Here to apply.