Manulife Scholarship Program for International Students 2023
Manulife has launched the nation’s first Life Lessons Scholarship Program for children who have lost a parent or guardian and have little to no life insurance. The Scholarship Program honors the tenacity that so many young people display in the face of such tragedy while assisting with the financial load of paying for post-secondary education during a sensitive time.
The Manulife Life Lessons Scholarship Program is dedicated to ensuring student achievement and offers financial assistance to students, helping to ease the decision to enroll in and complete a college, university, or trade school program.
Students currently enrolled in or have been accepted to a college, university or trade school within Canada and:
- Are a permanent resident of Canada;
- Are between 17 and 24 years of age at the time of application; and
- Have experienced the death of a parent or legal guardian who had little or no life insurance coverage
Manulife Scholarship Program Benefits
- Manulife will award scholarships in the amount of $10,000 each annually to successful applicants.
How To Applyy
- You must submit a 500 word essay OR a 3-minute video (the “Entry”) describing how the death of your parent or guardian has impacted your life financially and emotionally in addition to some basic information. Sharing something so private might be challenging.
- The surviving parent or legal guardian of the applicant may submit the Entry on the applicant’s behalf to aid in the process.
- The Entry and any accompanying audio, video, or image recordings (“Recordings”) must have been created by you or on your behalf with your surviving parent’s or legal guardian’s consent.
- The impact of the death of a parent or guardian on your post-secondary education goals, your family’s financial condition, and your efforts to stay on schedule to enroll in your post-secondary program at this period should be mentioned. Please be aware that essays longer than 500 words and movies longer than three minutes will be automatically dismissed.
- You are responsible for securing the necessary permissions for the use of any Entry prepared on your behalf in support of your Entry.
- Manulife may request the signature of the person who created any Entry submitted on your behalf before using and disclosing the Entry and/or any Recording.
- To be sure you qualify for the Manulife Life Scholarship Program, read the full Rules & Regulations before submitting your application.
Click HERE to apply.