4 coronavirus patients discharged in Oyo and Ekiti States

By Comrade Nnadi Goodluck

On Friday, Oyo Government announced that they have discharged three coronavirus patients after they tested negative twice.

This was disclosed by the Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde.

He said: “Yesterday, three confirmed COVID-19 patients were discharged after receiving their second negative test results. This brings the number of discharged cases in Oyo State to five. So, there are currently six active cases.

“All previously announced measures to prevent, contain and control the spread of COVID-19 in Oyo State, remain in place. These include the dusk to dawn curfew (7 PM to 6 AM); no gatherings of more than ten people to be held anywhere in the state and the closure of all markets except those selling perishable food items.

SEE ALSO:  Don't visit NDE office for SPW Recruitment of 774,000 people - Keyamo

“Also, inter-state transportation into and out of the state remains suspended except vehicles carrying food items, medical, pharmaceutical and petroleum products.

“Please, keep following the directives of the Oyo State COVID-19 Task Force. Wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, regularly. Also, continue to maintain social distancing.”

Ekiti discharges one coronavirus patient

Meanwhile, the Ekiti State Government has also announced today that they have discharged one coronavirus patient after testing negative twice.

The patient has been receiving treatment for coronavirus disease at the State Infectious Disease Hospital, Ado-Ekiti.

SEE ALSO:  Abia State Governor, Ikpeazu tests positive for COVID-19

The patient who was said to have contracted the virus in Lagos, was isolated and treated at the isolation centre for 10 days after testing positive for the coronavirus.

With the discharge of the 42-year-old Ekiti indigene, the total number of survivors from the centre has risen to two.

This was disclosed through Twitter by the Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi.

He said: “Our second COVID-19 patient tested negative the second time and was discharged from our Infectious Disease Hospital today. While thanking our team for a job well done, the job is not finished. #StayHomeSaveLives.”

SEE ALSO:  FG Apologises to Nigerians Over Self-Certification Forms Misinformation

He reassured the people of the state that his government was doing all within its to stem the spread of the coronavirus, urging them to cooperate with his administration to defeat the hydra-headed pandemic.

Updated: April 10, 2020 — 5:06 pm

The Author

Comrade Nnadi Goodluck

Comrade Nnadi Goodluck started writing since 2007. In 2016, he graduated from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra with a Degree in Educational Management and Policy/Health Education. He did his NYSC in Oyo state.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *