Launched in 2019, the Womenpreneur Pitch-a-ton program is the first women-in-business support initiative of its kind in the industry offered by Access Bank’s W Initiative. The program in its maiden edition provided a free mini-MBA certification for 50 women entrepreneurs in Nigeria as well as financial grants worth N9Million to the top 3 applicants. This it did in conjunction with the International Finance Corporation (IFC, a member of the World Bank Group). Subsequently, the program was extended to 10 other African countries where Access Bank’s W initiative has its presence. The program has since provided Mini-MBA to over 300 women entrepreneurs across Africa. This year hosts the 5th season of the program and seeks to provide mini-MBA certification to another 120 women entrepreneurs in Nigeria as well as grants worth over N17Million Naira to WSMEs
- Are you a woman who owns and runs her business?
- Is your business innovative?
- What about some expert training to help grow your business?
- How about a grant to expand your business?
About Access Bank
Over the past 26 years, Access Bank Plc. has evolved from an obscure Nigerian Bank into a world-class African financial institution. Today, we are one of the five largest banks in Nigeria in terms of assets, loans, deposits and branch network; a feat which has been achieved through a robust long-term approach to client solutions – providing committed and innovative advice. Access Bank has built its strength and success in corporate banking and is now applying that expertise to the personal and business banking platforms it acquired from Nigeria’s International Commercial bank in 2012. The next two years were spent integrating the business, investing in infrastructure and strengthening the product offer. As part of its continued growth strategy, Access Bank is focused on mainstreaming sustainable business practices into its operations. The Bank strives to deliver sustainable economic growth that is profitable, environmentally responsible, and socially relevant.
Benefits of Womenpreneur Pitch-a-ton
Prizes to be won
- First prize is N5 million naira
- Second prize is N4 million naira
- Third prize is N3 million naira
- Fourth prize is N2 million naira
- Fifth prize is N1 million naira
- 5 participants to win N500,000 www.accessbankplc.com
- 20 applicants will also receive consolation prizes such as free advertisement and free website development
- The top 120 applicants will receive a 12 weeks mini MBA training from the International Finance Corporation.
Requirements for Womenpreneur Pitch-a-ton Qualification
- Applicant must have an Access Bank account number (Individual or Business account)
- Applicant must be a woman in Business with a minimum of 50% ownership •
- Applicant must be between the ages 18 to 55
- Applicant’s Business must have been operating for over 1yr
- Applicant must complete and submit the application form
- Applicant must submit a one-minute video pitch about the Business
- Applicant must have a Business account with Access Bank
- Applicant’s Business must be registered
- Applicant must be available to undergo the Mini-MBA program physically in Lagos.
How to Apply
For more details, visit the website on https://www.womenpreneur.ng/