The Africa Centre for Energy Policy (ACEP) is pleased to announce that the Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Internship Program has been awarded to young graduates. The internship will take place from July 2022 through December 2022. The program also serves as a plan for developing a pipeline of young pan-African leaders who can ensure a long-term route to good governance.
The Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program is a six-month internship that aims to balance theory with real-world application and equip participants with the multi-disciplinary intellectual development, practical skills, and research abilities needed to solve complex governance challenges in more innovative ways.
What Should You Expect?
- Through strong relationships, the NextGen Leaders will provide timely and high-quality evidence-based policy analysis, training, and advocacy, ensuring that the ACEP remains a thought leader in Africa’s energy and extractive policy area.
- Contribute to writing research reports and policy briefs on the energy and extractives sector of Africa.
- Support media engagement activities on ACEP’s outputs and position on energy and extractive sector issues in Africa.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, and evaluation of annual programmes
- Support organizational development activities.
- Support in resource mobilization efforts, including grants and proposal writing.
- Contribute to programme management, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities.
Criteria for Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for this internship opportunity:
- Applicants must be a young African with a strong desire to see Africa’s huge extractive resources translate into long-term, equitable development. Relevant academic qualifications, preferably in any or a combination of economics (including energy), engineering (petroleum/electrical), oil and gas management, public policy, law, political economy, development studies, development finance, project management, communications, statistics, and mathematics, among other things, are required of the candidate.
- Good writing skills with clarity and logical flow of thought.
- Adequate knowledge of relevant qualitative and quantitative analytical tools (R, Stata, Eviews, NVivo, Atlas.ti etc.).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- The ability to think creatively and take the initiative in solving problems.
- A good sense of ownership and responsibility for his/her decisions and actions.
- A strong sense of leadership.
Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone.
The following advantages will be provided to successful applicants for the Africa Centre for Energy Policy (ACEP) Internship:
- Support for growth and development through:
- Opportunities for training and development.
- Coaching, mentorship, and peer support.
- Creating room for creativity and innovation.
- A generous stipend and free lunch for the duration of the internship.
- Decent accommodation for international interns
How To Apply
All applicants should complete the Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program online application form for the internship to be considered for the Africa Centre for Energy Policy (ACEP) Internship for African Graduates.
This information was first published on nyscinfo.com. DMCA PROTECTED.