The Kaduna State Universal Basic Education Board (KADSUBEB) is accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Education Secretary in each of the 23 Local Government Education Authorities (LGEAs) across the State as part of its ongoing efforts to ensure that the education sector is completely revamped to deliver high-quality, compulsory, and free education opportunities for our beloved children at the basic level in Kaduna State.
In order to realize its vision for a reformed and value-driven basic education system in the State, KADSUBEB is seeking individuals with practical, vivacious, and result-driven dispositions.
The qualifications and application process are outlined below for interested candidates.
- The Education Secretary is in charge of running the daily operations of the Local Government Education Authority (LGEA). In this capacity, the Secretary of Education shall:
- Ensure proper implementation of educational programmes and other Government policies
- Ensure effective Communication of Basic Education sector programme
- Coordinate, initiate and collaborate with all stakeholders on Education matters
- Participate regularly at meetings with SUBEB
- Ensure quality service delivery of Basic Education programmes and policies
- Shall be supervised and monitored by the Kaduna State Universal Basic Education Board (KADSUBEB) and by so doing, shall give quarterly reports fo the Executive Chairman, KADSUBE8 and also inform the Local Government Council on planned activities and administrative challenges related to Basic Education delivery.
- Candidates must be currently employed as officers in the public or private sector who have attained the Directorate Cadre of GI 14 or higher and who have the following qualifications:
- A degree or a Degree in any discipline plus a Post-graduate Diploma in Education/National Certificate in Education from any accredited and reputable Institution, with at least a second class lower division
- At least ten (10) years of working experience. which should include management of educational programmes and projects
- Must be Computer literate
- Registration with relevant professional bodies is an added advantage
- Proven ability in Education Sector Planning, Administrative competence, Human Resource Management, and Organizational Development.
How To Apply
To fill up and submit their applications, candidates can go to the State Universal Basic Education Board’s website and select the “Vacancies (Education Secretary)” tab. or apply by clicking here.
This information was first published on nyscinfo.com DMCA PROTECTED.