Are you into journalism? Do you have what it takes to give investigating reports concerning the oil sector? If ‘yes’why not explore this opportunity.
PTCIJ which is an acronym for Premium Times Centre for Investigative Journalism, is pleased to welcome applicants who are journalist, Researchers, Analysts, and media professionals in the oil and gas sector through Natural Resource and Extractive Programme (NAREP) to apply for its flagship media fellowship 2021.
The aim of NAREP is to stabilize, and strengthen the capacity of Media & Civil society, which will help in enhancing the activities of the industry.
This will enable the fellowship look beyond oil and gas, and focuses on natural resource journalism in the country.
Benefit of NAREP Media Fellowship Program
The benefits include;
- Provides training and mentorship for applicants.
- Give access to data and resources of the oil and gas industry/sector.
- A monthly stipend of one hundred thousand naira (N100,000) for media appearance in the sector to tackle oil and gas issues.
Guidelines for application
- Applicants must have important experience in investigating reporting, policy and data analysis.
- Female applicants (journalists) are free to apply.
- Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- All pitches must be about the oil and gas sector.
Closing Date: Application is open from now till 14th of February 2021.
How to Apply for NAREP Oil and Gas Media Fellowship Program 2021
Interested and qualified candidates are to visit the official link meant for the registration by clicking here.
A pitch is expected to be sent by applicants which will be followed in the first month of the fellowship program.
Qualified journalist will be contacted via email, and will undergo three (3) months mentorship to enable effective execution of accepted story ideas.
Note: Any applicant(s) who didn’t receive an email from NAREP before the end of the month, should know that their application wasn’t successful. As only successful candidates will be contacted.