The ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, had successfully flagged off the Onboarding of five thousand (5,000) independent Monitors. This was done by the Honourable minister of Humanitarian Affairs Mrs. Sadiya U.F at the NAF Conference Centre Abuja.
The five thousand (5,000) independent Monitors are to supervise (monitor) the various National Social Investment Programmes (NSIP).
This is an initiative of the F.G to help the vulnerable individuals in the country.
5 things to know about NSIP Independent Monitors
1. They are to monitor the activities of NSIP Programmes at community level. This is to ensure that the main purpose of the program is achieved in the various schools, households and business locations (markets).
2. The assigned Independent Monitors will in return be supervised (monitored) by officials/stakeholders of the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs at State level.
3. The assigned Independent Monitors are to work with all form of sincerity, and adhere to the stipulated rules and regulations attached to their obligation. As anyone who violate the rules of engagement will be dropped by the ministry of Humanitarian Affairs.
Note: The ministry is working hand in hand with other security agencies (i.e EFCC, NPF, ICPC) to monitor the entire process, of which defaulted and fraudulent personnel will be handed over to them for investigation and prosecution if need be.
4. The Independent Monitors are expected to give report on the implementation of NSIP at State level, Npower scheme, National Home-Grown School Feeding Programme (NHGSFP), Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP), and also Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) on a regular basis.
5. Strengthen the implementation of the National Social Investment Programme in the country, and also give vital data for evidence base decision making the the ministry.
Always follow us for related post, as we are always available to present genuine information to the general public.