Apply For Teaching Jobs In The UK | Get £10,000 Relocation Payment

The UK Government is giving £10,000 (Ten thousand pounds), about 11.5million naira; to anyone who is qualified and interested to work as a teacher in UK. It is to help with your visa and relocation process. And also you must be willing to come 2023-2024.

The information on this page is for:

  • non-UK teachers of languages, physics and general or combined science when it includes physics
  • non-UK trainee teachers of languages and physics

If you are considering coming to England to teach or train to teach languages or physics, you could be eligible for financial help from the UK government worth £10,000.

The international relocation payment (IRP) is designed to cover some of the costs of moving to England, including:

  • the costs of visas
  • the immigration health surcharge
  • other relocation expenses

All eligible applicants will receive a single payment of £10,000 from the Department for Education (DfE) around the end of their first term training or working in England. The IRP is a grant – you will not have to pay this money back. You can only receive the IRP once.

Criteria for teachers

To be eligible for the international relocation payment (IRP), you must meet all 3 of the following requirements.

1. Teaching subject for teachers

You must be employed by and in an English state secondary school on a contract beginning in the 2023 to 2024 academic year (which runs from 1 September 2023 to 31 August 2024). Your contract must last at least one year and you must be working as:

  • a physics teacher
  • a general or combined science teacher – you must teach the physics element of these subjects
  • a language teacher – any language is eligible except English

If you are employed to teach more than one subject, physics, general or combined science or a language or languages must make up at least 50% of your time in the classroom. The Department for Education will validate this with the school as part of the application process. Check with your school if you’re not sure whether you are eligible.

Examples of eligible teaching jobs include:

  • 50% modern foreign languages (for example, French, Spanish or German) and 50% another subject (for example, history)
  • 50% modern foreign languages (for example, French, Spanish or German) and 50% English language
  • 50% physics and 50% maths
  • 50% general or combined science (must include the physics element) and 50% maths

State schools are schools funded by the UK government. Secondary schools teach children aged 11 to 16 or 11 to 18. You will not be eligible if you teach in a school for pupils aged 16 to 18 only.

Ongoing or permanent contracts lasting longer than 1 year are also eligible.

Check the type and age range of the school where you’ll be teaching. You can also find out about the different types of state school in England.

Type of visa for teachers

You must come to England on one of the visas listed here.

For the following visas, you must have applied for your visa from outside the UK:

  • Skilled worker visa
  • Youth Mobility Scheme
  • India Young Professionals Scheme visa
  • Family visa
  • UK Ancestry visa
  • British National (Overseas) visa
  • High Potential Individual visa

For the following Ukrainian and Afghan visas, you can apply for your visa from within or from outside the UK:

  • Afghan citizens resettlement scheme
  • Afghan Relocations and Assistance Policy
  • Ukraine Family Scheme visa
  • Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme

3. Date of arrival for teachers

You must move to England no more than 3 months before the start of your job.

Non-eligibility for teachers

You will not be eligible for the international relocation payment if you are:

  • a UK citizen, including citizens of Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
  • an Irish citizen
  • a non-UK citizen who moved to England to live permanently more than 3 months before the start of your job
  • in England on a dependant partner visa linked to your partner’s skilled worker or student visa
  • teaching only English language
  • employed on a contract lasting less than one year
  • employed by a recruitment agency – an agency can find and place you in a school, but your contract must be with the school and your salary must be paid directly to you by the school, not by the recruitment agency.

How To Apply

Kindly visit the application portal by copying and pasting this link in your browser

1 thought on “Apply For Teaching Jobs In The UK | Get £10,000 Relocation Payment”

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top