A healthcare administrator is a qualified professional who is in charge of the administrative and operational management of healthcare organizations or facilities such as hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and other healthcare institutions. Healthcare administrators are critical in developing policies, goals, and strategies within a healthcare organization or facility to assure the delivery of high-quality healthcare services.
Many people find that working as a healthcare administrator is a pleasant and meaningful career. Let us look at who a healthcare administrator is, what a healthcare administrator does, what a healthcare administrator earns on average in Nigeria, a full job description of a healthcare administrator, and how to become a healthcare administrator in Nigeria.
Who Is A Healthcare Administrator?
A healthcare administrator, sometimes known as a healthcare manager or healthcare executive, can be found in a variety of contexts such as hospitals, medical clinics, nursing homes, and other healthcare institutions. Every healthcare administrator strives to manage healthcare services, resources, and staff in an efficient and effective manner. The tasks of healthcare administrators vary based on the size and type of organization or facility with which they operate. They are also in charge of overseeing day-to-day operations and maintaining the smooth operation of the healthcare facility, which includes managing resources, optimizing processes, and addressing operational difficulties in order to preserve efficiency.
Apply For: CBN Non-Interest Loan 2023
Healthcare administrators must have knowledge and abilities in business, management, and healthcare. They may have a Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare administration, public health, business administration, or a related discipline, as well as any advanced degrees, such as a Master’s in Health Administration (MHA) or a Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a specialization in health care management.
Job Description Of A Healthcare Administrator In Nigeria
- Responsible for the organization’s financial management, which includes budgeting, financial planning, cost analysis, and income production.
- Oversees day-to-day operations and ensures that the healthcare institution runs smoothly, which may include managing resources, optimizing workflows, and addressing operational difficulties to maintain efficiency.
- Ensures that an organization or facility is in accordance with healthcare laws, regulations, and standards established by government or accrediting authorities.
- Monitoring and assessing healthcare results, defining protocols and guidelines, and fostering continuous improvement are all responsibilities.
- Develop partnerships, exchange resources, and improve overall healthcare delivery by collaborating with other healthcare providers, organizations, and vendors.
- In charge of personnel training, performance evaluation, and policy and procedure creation.
- Establish long-term objectives, plans, and policies to steer the organization and assure its success in providing healthcare services.
Average Salary Healthcare Administrator In Nigeria
According to income Explorer, the typical monthly income for a healthcare administrator ranges from #188,000 to #526,000.
How To Become A Healthcare Administrator In Nigeria
- Obtain a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Complete mandatory one-year NYSC (National Youth Service Corps)
- Get an internship program to develop experience
- Pursue an advanced degree which may include a Master’s degree
- Get professional certifications which may include the Certified Healthcare Administrator (CHA) offered by the Nigerian Institute of Training and Development (NITAD), or the Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) offered by the Medical and Dental Consultants’ Association of Nigeria (MDCAN).
- Continuously learning to stay relevant and up-to-date.
Apply For: CBN Non-Interest Loan 2023