Canada: UBC 2023 Elizabeth Henry Scholarship for Communities & Environmental Health
Applications for the Elizabeth Henry Scholarship Fund for Communities and Environmental Health are being accepted by the Fraser Basin Council and the Elizabeth Henry Scholarship Committee.
These initiatives should support both indigenous and non-indigenous communities in their efforts to raise air quality, protect public health, and conserve the environment in British Columbia.
Benefits of UBC Masters & PhD Scholarships
- The goal of these projects should be to support indigenous and non-indigenous communities in their efforts to improve air quality, environmental health or environmental sustainability in BC.
- Scholarship worth is $4000
UBC Masters & PhD Scholarships Qualification Requirements
- The applicant must be a full-time graduate student for at least one semester before being awarded the scholarship
- The student’s proposed research project must focus on working in partnership with one or more Indigenous and/or non-Indigenous British Columbia communities that address air quality and environmental health issues and/or promote environmental sustainability through cooperative initiatives.
- The project must have well-defined objectives and research methodologies as well as tangible project outcomes that provide direct and ethically sound benefits to the community.
- Preference will be given to significant and innovative projects
- Preference will be given to projects that directly engage the community and where strong community support and buy-in are demonstrated.