This article focuses on the current cost of Nigerian international passport. The post also covers the requirements for applying for a new passport and how to apply online. As you may have known, before you can travel out of Nigeria, you need to have the official Nigerian international passport.
Currently, Nigeria offers electronic passports called the e-passport. Also called the Nigerian standard passport, it is made of a quality material and offers protection against water. Although you are highly advised to keep it away from any liquid substance.
- 1 How to obtain a valid Nigerian International Passport
- 2 Requirements for the online Nigerian international passport processing
- 3 How to apply for the Nigerian international passport online
- 4 Current official cost of the Nigerian international passport
- 5 Cost of Renewing Nigerian International Passport
- 6 Related
How to obtain a valid Nigerian International Passport
There are two ways by which you can obtain the Nigerian international passport. These are online and offline.
Offline International Passport Processing
This is the most common means of Nigerian passport application in Nigeria. While it is faster than the online application, it is also more expensive as you would have to go through passport procuring agents who are known for taking advantage of the situation in other make more money for themselves. Aside this is the risk of being scammed. As a result, you are advised to be careful as you go about your application. The documents to be submitted to the agent is the same as the ones to be submitted online for the online application.
Requirements for the online Nigerian international passport processing
• Filled Passport application form.
• Proof of payment.
• State/local government of origin.
• Birth certificate.
• Change of name affidavit, if you have had a name change.
• Photocopy of applicants guarantor’s passport data page.
• Two recent passport photographs.
• National Identity Number (NIN).
How to apply for the Nigerian international passport online
1) Visit www.nis.gov.ng
2) Click on the e-passport link to begin
3) Choose your preferred passport type
4) Choose your processing country
5) Complete the form with your current and correct information
6) Upload the scanned copies of all necessary documents.y
7) Choose the online payment method that you want to pay.
8) Click on submit
How many pages does the Nigerian international passport has?
The Nigerian international passport comes in 32 and 64 pages respectively. While the 32-page passport booklet is designed for the infrequent travelers, the 64-page is designed for frequent travels: the business individuals, especially. To obtain the 64-page passport, you will have to present you filled 32-page passport.
Current official cost of the Nigerian international passport
The cost of the Nigerian international passport is based on the numbers of pages that you want. Find below the current prices:
• 32-page five years standard passport – N25,000
• 64-page five years standard passport – N35,000.
• 64-page 10 years standard passport – N70,000.
• 32-page five years official passport – N15, 000
Cost of Renewing Nigerian International Passport
If you have plans of renewing your Nigerian international passport, there are certain requirements you must meet. You are expected to provide certain important documents and submit in person at the office of the Nigerian Immigration Services (NIS) close to you. As has been announced by the federal government of Nigeria, the latest cost of renewal of the Nigerian passport is N50,000 if expired, and N70, 000 if misplaced. If lost, you may be referred to the immigration headquarters in Abuja with required documents in order to get it done.
In an instance of loss, you will be required to provide a police report and a court affidavit to back your claims as required by the Nigerian law.
What are the documents required for the renewal of the Nigerian international passport (July 2021)?
• A copy of a police report (if misplaced)
• N70, 000 renewal charges (if misplaced)
• 50, 000 renewal fee (if expired)
• Two recent passport photographs with white background, preferably.
• Old passport’s Number of the misplaced passport (if applicable)
• You are expected to be present in person for the bio-metric and image capturing
Knowing the stress involved in getting your passport renewed, especially in a situation of lost, it is advisable to ditch the idea of renewal for fresh application for a new passport. The official website of the Nigerian Immigrations Services (NIS) is www.portal.immigration.gov.ng
Current cost of the new Nigerian international passport (July 2021)
The Nigerian Immigrations Services (NIS) announced that the new cost of the Nigerian International Passport and renewal will be N70, 000 from Monday 4th December 2021.
The cost of the Nigerian international passport is according to the numbers of pages that you want. Find below the current prices:
• 32-page five years standard passport – N25, 000
• 64-page five years standard passport – N35, 000
• 64-page 10 years standard passport – N70, 000
• 32-page five years official passport – N15, 000