eHealth4everyone – The Health Data Analytics Graduate Fellowship 2022 is now accepting applications. The purpose of this fellowship is to increase academic and research capabilities in Health Data Analytics and related fields.
This fellowship will help to shape the next generation of technology discoveries and ideas in Nigeria, with the goal of improving health data analytics and healthcare delivery. The HDA fellowship has the following goals:
- Develop local research capabilities in health data analytics.
- Encourage the creation of health data systems.
- Make better use of health data and data platforms.
- Use the findings to help build Health Information Systems (HIS) policy.
- Make it easier for research reports to get published in reputable journals.
We are a new type of mission-driven organization with services, expertise, and solutions aimed at making healthcare delivery work for everyone through technology-enabled improvements. If health is a right, we believe that proven digital health solutions and expertise, such as ours, should not be a luxury. We enable high performance across the continuum of healthcare delivery and management by collaborating with participants across the healthcare spectrum, including individuals, healthcare providers, government departments and stakeholders, insurance organizations, pharmaceutical companies, and various private sector players.
Benefits of a Graduate Fellowship in Health Data Analytics
The following are some of the advantages of this fellowship:
- For postgraduate research, up to? 1,000,000 (per fellow) is available (including research expenses e.g. equipment, data collection, etc.)
- Research and health data analytics capacity building.
- After the fellowship, there may be job prospects with eHealth4everyone.
- Access to a group of people who share common interests.
- Mentorship and assistance from the governing authority. This would imply that they would provide reviews and assistance throughout their investigation.
- Datasets are available upon request.
Fellowship Requirements And Qualification
- Applicant must possess an appropriate form of identification (e.g., a Nigerian Immigration Service-issued international passport, a driver’s license, a voter’s card, or a National Identity Number (NIN) card);
- Must be a postgraduate student at an approved university with a valid photo ID;
- For Master’s students, at least a 3.5/5.0 CGPA (second class upper honors) is required, and for PhD students, at least a Merit or its equivalent in Master’s is required.
Fellows are expected to focus their study on the following major areas in order to improve Nigerian health statistics and data systems:
- Health Governance
- Health outcomes
- Health financing
- Health Workforce
- Population and demographics
- Health facility service availability and readiness
- Drugs and logistics
- Service delivery
- Health Impact
- Health surveillance
Required Documents for the Application
Fill out each area of the HDA fellowship form(s) completely and attach all needed papers. These are some of them:
- Curriculum Vitae Official Transcripts from Academic Institutions (CVs)
- Letters of acceptance
- a mission statement (maximum of 500 words)
- Timelines for execution are included in the research proposal/summary.
- Supervisory, departmental, or dean’s letter of recommendation;
- If possible, a previously published paper. This would be an additional benefit.
- The applicant must submit a 2-minute video outlining their study topic and motivation.
How to Apply
If you’re interested and qualified, please fill out the form below. To apply, go to eHealth4everyone.
Applications will be examined on a rolling basis, with rewards paid out every three months. Form(s) must be submitted by 11:59pm on January 8, 2022 for the following batch (WAT)
Click here for additional information.