An enterprise development program called the AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria was created by Heifer International and carried out by Enactus Nigeria with the goal of identifying, fostering, and assisting innovative, pertinent, and technology-driven agric-centric businesses to expand, scale, and prosper.
Candidates should be youth-led, early-stage or growing agritech enterprises or companies with ground-breaking solutions that have a significant, widespread impact on smallholder farmers.
- Candidates should be youth-led, early-stage or growing agritech enterprises or companies with ground-breaking solutions that have a significant, widespread impact on smallholder farmers.
- Be aged 18-35 by the closing day of submission to the AYuTe Nigeria challenge
- Be a youth with innovative ideas focusing on the agriculture sector
- Possess concepts that have been demonstrated to be effective at resolving social issues and are implementable, technically possible, financially sound (affordable), and environmentally sound (eco-friendly)
- Possess a valid form of identification proving Nigerian nationality, such as a permanent voter’s card or international passport.
- Create the project’s financial statements.
- Founder or co-founder of the business entered in the competition, and actively participate in its management and operations.
- Have no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offences
- Have the potential for partnership and collaboration with other actors/stakeholders
Challenge applicants can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Coaching and mentorship, personalized to unpack training into business implementation for the top-5 finalists
- Technical assistance at the various levels of the challenge to strengthen the MVP and the business and financial model of the start-up
- Links to financial and investment opportunities
- Networking opportunities to showcase your solution and meet with investors and other stakeholders
Cash prize awards of a total of $20,000 for the top three winners:
- Winner: $10,000
- First Runner-Up: $6,000
- Second Runner-Up: $4,000
The company must have:
- Been registered/incorporated with the relevant government agencies in Nigeria
- The ability to scale and impact a large number of smallholder farmers, including recorded evidence of demonstrated impact on smallholder farmers’ revenue and/or operations
- The potential for job creation and poverty reduction
- Alignment with relevant national policies and international treaties (e.g., SDGs)
- An identifiable technological innovation that addresses the following problems for smallholder farmers:
- Smallholder farmer productivity
- Smallholder farmer income
- Labour intensiveness of operations
- Access to information
- Strong competitive advantage
Documents Required For Application
Soft copy of any National Official ID (national identity card, international passport, driver’s license, or temporary/permanent voters’ card)
Soft copy of a clear headshot photo
How To Apply
To access the form, follow the links provided below.
Following the submission of their applications through email or SMS, applicants will get a confirmation message.
Any questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information was first published on nyscinfo.com DMCA PROTECTED.