FG Clears N-power Beneficiaries Payments

The federal government has cleared all outstanding payments to exited Batch A and B beneficiaries of N-Power scheme. This was disclosed in a statement by the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Farouq on Thursday.

The federal government is about to conclude new enrollments of one million beneficiaries under Batch ‘C’ of the social investment programme.

Sadiya Farouq, disclosed this to newsmen in Abuja, stated that the one million beneficiaries would be taken in two Streams of 500,000 participants each.

Recall that some exited Npower Batch ‘B’ beneficiaries had claimed in the past that they were being owed one month stipend of N30,000 by the government.

Responding to this, Farouq said her ministry in partnership with the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation had successfully cleared all outstanding payments.

She said;

“We have sorted out all the backlogs of N-Power payments with the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation and we have moved on to the next batch”.

She noted that N-Power was another component of the National Social Investment Programme designed to stem the growing rate of poverty, unemployment and social insecurity across Nigeria.

“N-Power is the job creation and economic component of the NSIP for young unemployed Nigerians. It has provided temporary income-generating opportunities for 500,000 unemployed youths of Batches A and B N-Power beneficiaries.

Currently the ministry is about concluding the enrollment of 1,000,000 Batch C applicants in two streams of 500,000 in the first instance and another 500,000 later,” she said.

Farouq further explained that under the National Social Register, a total number of 6,969,230 households and 29,766,599 persons had been captured, and about 4,000,000 households and 20,000,000 persons were to be added to the social register. Also, one million households and 5.6 million persons had been captured under the Conditional Cash Transfer.

“There is a plan to add another batch of 1,000,000 households and 5,600,000 persons to the CCT,” she added.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top