Green Agribusiness Fund (GAF) is inviting applications from interested persons for the 2021 Green Agribusiness Fund grant for Young Africans who are into Agric-business. Funding has been made available for disbursement to applicants who will be selected.
Green Agricbusiness Fund (GAF) was established to invest in agribusiness initiatives and organizations that are considered being doing socially great in their business activities in many parts of Africa.
These agribusinesses must be established and owned by Africans resident in the continent of Africa. The GAF focus is to build the next generation of agricultural entrepreneurs who will lead great ideas in agriculture and place African agriculture on the path of decent jobs provision, food security and improved living conditions.
The GAF initiative will promote agribusiness targeted at post-harvest loss, seed and soil improvement, climate smart farming, accurate farming, urban farming, and Agro products trading.
What is the GAF Application Criteria?
- Applicants must be aged 23-35 years at the time of submitting application,
- You must be an agricultural entrepreneur and your business idea must address the themes of the initiative,
- Your application must solve the issue of women’s unemployment in their communities,
- Those in partnership are to apply together with their partner company,
- Business of applicants must be financially viable and the idea must be original and sustainable,
- Past beneficiaries are not eligible for application,
- Employees of JR Farms and affiliate/partner firms are not qualified to apply,
- Candidates must be ready to share equity stake for a four-year period,
- Application should only be submitted in English or French.
• Applications are to be screened by independent selection committee of professionals in different selection criteria.
• Applications will be selected based on feasibility, financials, gender balance, etc.
• Three applications will be selected each from Nigeria and Rwanda in the pioneering phase.
• Applicants selected must provide Valid ID, record of business financial transactions (business bank account statement).
• Unsuccessful applicants can reapply in the next phase.
Green Agribusiness Fund (GAF) Application Process
- Application is free and strictly online based
- Interview could be held with 10 selected applicants if need be.
- All required documents are to be submitted online.
- An email confirming receipt of application form will be sent to all applicants within 24 hours of submission.
- Application closes on the 30th of July 2021
- To register, visit www.gafafrica.com/gaf/users/apply