The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Program (TEFEP) is an annual event, which was created to empower young African Entrepreneurs. Here we will show you how to apply for TEFEP in 2021.
Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF), as the name implies, is an organization established by a popular Nigerian philanthropist, Tony Onyemaechi Elumelu, in the year 2010. It is already in 54 Africa countries, and right from its year of establishment till date, the foundation has assisted about nine thousand, thirty-eight (9,038) business owners in Africa.
The foundation achieved the record of assisting the alleged number of entrepreneurs (self own businesses), through its entrepreneurship programs. Check out list of Federal Government Opportunities of 2020 that is still open in 2021.
TEFEP is actually an empowerment program whose assistance to both male and female folks in the black race (Africa) is recognised. Its unique purpose include but not limited to;
- Enhancement of Economic growth in Africa.
- Effective eradication of poverty.
- Creating Jobs among African youths.
As a result of the global outbreak of Covid19 in the year 2020, the economy in Africa, and the world at large was greatly affected. Hence, the 2021 edition is tagged “The Economic recovery of SMEs”.
Eligibility for Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Program
All interested applicants must meet the following requirements;
- Having a business that is established in Africa.
- Engulf with a working business idea.
- Sole aim of the established business must be profit making.
- The business in question must not be more than three years old.
- Aspiring beneficiary(ies) must reside in Africa, and shouldn’t be less than 18 years as at the time of applying.
How to Apply for Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Program
To apply for this program, interested applicants are to visit www.tefconnect.com to access the application form.
- An effective twelve weeks training, to give a clearer business orientation to entrepreneurs.
- Mentor its beneficiaries, which leads them to a greater height.
- Provide funds that can help to achieve a better capital, and generation of more funds.
- Provide a standard networking for businesses.
The registration for TEFEP started on the 1st of January, 2021.
So, while the registration process is still on, ensure you grab the opportunity by following the guidelines explained in this post.
Any question? Kindly drop it in the comment section below. Don’t forget to follow us for subsequent updates.