Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship (KIF) is a one-year nonpartisan leadership development program for young Nigerians aged 25 to 35. The one-year Fellowship aims to build a network of high-potential young Nigerians who will rise to top leadership positions in the public sector and other fields during the next decade. KIF is a Kaduna State Government program that began in 2018. (KDSG).
The one-year program intends to build a network of high-potential young Nigerians who would ascend to top leadership positions in the public sector and other fields during the next decade.
The Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Program is divided into four parts:
- Work Placement
- Education Programme
- Community Service
Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship goal and benefits.
A salary and compensation package comparable to that of the Governor’s Special Assistant.
For the duration of the Fellowship, boarding (and breakfast) is provided in a tastefully equipped one-bedroom apartment.
Qualifications for the Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship
- Age range 25-35 years (maximum age of 35 when the fellowship ends)
- Graduate from an accredited University
- Completed NYSC
Interview Date, Process, and Location
The most crucial condition is that you are serious about using your new leadership abilities to improve your neighborhood, state, and Nigeria when you complete the program.
The following are some of the selection criteria:
- Diversity: The program will accept sixteen (16) Fellows from a variety of ethnic, religious, and gender origins, as well as educational, economic, and geographic backgrounds, who will work to better their communities and civic life from a variety of angles and viewpoints.
- A proven track record of integrity and exceptional success.
- Engagement in critical issues and the desire to make a difference on a national or international level.
- A promising future career as a leader with a significant impact.
- Special ability to think critically, creatively, entrepreneurially, and strategically.
- Full-time residency in Kaduna for the duration of the program, as well as commitment to a rigorous program of activities.
- Individuals who are striving to solve critical public problems in innovative and powerful ways are eligible for fellowships.
- Proficiency in English: All programs will be done in English, thus fellows must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens who are between the ages of 25 and 35.
- Applicants must have completed the obligatory national youth service and be graduates of a recognized university.
How to Apply
- If you’re interested and qualified, please fill out the form below. To apply, go to Kashim Ibrahim Fellows.
- There are no paper forms to fill out, and there is no application fee or other cost associated with applying.
- You may work on your application at any moment before the deadline and submit it when you are ready. You can upload materials and seek letters of recommendation after making an account and accessing the online application.
- Applicants must write a 1000-word essay on the applicable essay topic, submit a résumé/curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages), and include the names and contact information for two (2) referees.
- The Personal Statement is a key element of the application because it allows you to illustrate what you have accomplished and what your future goals are. We want to see people who have a history of embracing change and who are eager to make changes as they progress.
Click here for additional information.