Do you want to become an effective communicator, build a convincing multimedia production skills, and expand your influence? Are you part of a youth-led establishment that works on reproductive health advocacy or environmental conservation? If ‘yes’ then this is opportunity is for you, as PRB is starting up a multimedia fellowship.
A six-month interactive training program focused on the building blocks of sustainable and effective advocacy will be organized for participants who are leaders from selected organizations.
Between the monthly training sessions, participants (fellows) will use their newly acquired skills, and knowledge to lunch and plan a multimedia campaign focused on a topic of their choice.
Training topics include understanding and interpreting of data evidence, multimedia production skills, strategic messaging, and community engagement/mobilization best practices.
Coaching and feedback will be received by participants from senior fellows, and fellowship staff from Bridge connect Africa initiative, a youth-led institution which is based in Kano State, Nigeria.
Several direct assistance, including grants for tools and travel, professional mentorship in multimedia course, will also be rendered to participants.
The campaign may focus on any environment, population, and reproductive health theme, but a challenge that is relevant to fellows’ countries and communities must be addressed. The possible theme of the campaign include;
- HIV and AIDs
- Toxic wastes, and pollution.
- Animal species, and preservation of plants.
- Sustainable agriculture.
- Maternal health.
- Voluntary/Contraception family planning.
- Child marriage.
- Environmental degradation.
- Cutting/Female -genital mutilation.
- Gender based violence.
Previous work of alumni fellows/participants can be found at https://www.prb.org/enhancing-youth-advocacy-through-multimedia-campaigns/ ; applicants who are prospective are invited to explore what previous cohorts have done to get ideas for the types of products that may be chosen during their own fellowship.
The making a Difference with Multimedia Fellowship is funded by the USAID, and it’s organized by PRB under the PACE project which recognizes the power agents of transformation.
QUALIFICATION OF PARTICIPANTS
Any applicant(s) who meet all the requirements listed, will be considered for the fellowship.
ORGANIZATIONAL APPLICANT’S REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively, as trainings and correspondence with staff of PACE will be done in English.
- Led by youth (Youths within the ages of 18 to 29 years)
- Must be based in any of the USAID priority Nations; Nigeria, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Ghana, Kenya, Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Malawi, Liberia, Haiti, Madagascar, Mail, Malawi, Nepal, Mozambique, Pakistan, Rwandan, Senegal, Philippines, Tanzania, South Sudan, Zambia, Ugandan or Yemen.
- Must commit, read, and understand the policy requirement as well as USAID Global Health Legislative rules.
The following information should be provided by applicant(s);
- Accounts/Social media handles.
- Current advocacy priorities.
- Contact details, and names of team members who will participate in the fellowship on behalf of the organization with a maximum of four persons.
- Past advocacy work sample (either in art, text, photos etc).
- An interest statement: How will this opportunity bring about transformation towards the organization?
- A statement which is detailing the organization’s existing capacity around communication, advocacy work, multimedia, and desired organizational growth during the fellowship.
Application are due by midnight (Eastern time) on the 30th of April, 2021. And must be submitted online. Although we encourage organizations who are interested to apply as soon as possible. The selection process will be challenging, with a large number of applications gotten for few slots.
There will be review, and consideration of all applications that meet the requirements, and finalist will be invited to participate in a virtual interview with the staff of PACE. The 2021 fellowship cohort will notify organizations selected by the end of May, 2021.
The first monthly training and project kickoff session will commence in June, with campaign activities, and additional training sessions continuing through December 2021.
For more information visit the official portal of PRB via https://www.prb.org/apply-now-to-join-the-making-a-difference-with-multimedia-2021-fellowship-cohort/