What do you think about getting a customized car plate number in Nigeria, difficult or too costly? Well, while you may have thought it is the exclusive of celebrities, politicians or billionaires to have a customized care plate number, maybe because you think the cost will be untenable, you are not to be blamed because you might have thought the cost of getting one will be an amount too high for an average income earner. Also check how to check vehicle plate number owner in Nigeria.
Contrary to your belief, this article will prove to you that the cost of obtaining a customized car plate number in Nigeria is affordable and the process is also not as difficult as you might have thought.
If you are planning to get a customized plate number for your car but you don’t know how to go about it or how much it will cost you, where to apply for one, then this article is for you. Ensure you read until the end to get the full information.
Cost of customized plate number in Nigeria
The cost of getting a customized plate number in Nigeria is between N100,000 and N200,000, payable to a government dedicated bank account. Now, as you can see that getting a customized number isn’t really that much of a big deal.
Documents required to get a customized plate number
The following documents are required;
- A typed application letter indicating a request for a customized plate number, choice name and number to be printed on the plate.
- A letter of attestation and vehicle receipt if the vehicle is a spic and span.
- Shipping documents in cases of imported vehicle.
- Any form of Nigerian recognized means of identification.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- Tax Identification Number.
- Verified insurance papers of the vehicle.
- Vehicle insurance policy number.
- Ownership document.
How to get a customized car plate number in Nigeria
Follow the steps below;
1) Visit www.frsc.gov.ng.
2) Download the distribution of plate number form.
3) Confirm that the information provide is free of mistake.
4) Take the filled form to the state office of internal revenue/ mobile licensing authority and submit.
5) Present the required documents for conformation and stamping.
6) Make payment and provide the receipts to the motor licensing authority.
Upon fulfilling all the criteria and provision of all necessary documents and information, you will be told when your customized plate number will be ready for collection. Note that the customized plate number is a good idea, especially for the purpose of easy recognition. Although it could attract a lot of attention to you.