Obtaining Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate in Nigeria has become a point of worrisome to many people. However, this article will bring you to clearer understanding of the necessary information on how you can get industrial training fund compliance certificate in Nigeria.
There is no how this document won’t be required of any business owner, company or entrepreneur who wish to carry out a reputable and recognized business in Nigeria because it is one of the major documents needed to run a legit businesses in Nigeria.
This document is also essential when you want to transact business with the Federal Government of Nigeria.
If you want to put in for any Federal Government’s contract, you must have it. The certificate is given by the Industrial Training Fund to either a supplier, consultant or contractor applying for contract or any other business transaction from any of the Federal Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies.
Before we show you how to get ITF compliance certificate, let’s first look at the requirements.
Requirements to get ITF Compliance Certificate in Nigeria
- A copy of the Certificate of Incorporation issued to the company by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
Copy of Tax Clearance of the company
Genuine copies of the Company’s Audited Account.
Payroll of the company.
How to obtain Industrial Training Fund ITF Compliance Certificate in Nigeria
Below are the steps to apply for ITF Compliance Certificate:
1. Every prospective Employer are fill the ITF Form 7A
2. The duly filled form 7A is to be submitted to the closest ITF Area Office along with the following;
a) A copy of the company’s Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission.
b) Certified copies of the company’s Audited Account.
c) Copies of the Company’s Tax Clearance.
d) The company’s payroll.
3. Your company will then be evaluated and properly examined by ITF Revenue, Inspectorate and Compliance Officers.
4. RRR will then be generated by client through the ITF Pay-portal or Remita platform
5. The generated RRR will be taken to bank for payment of Training Contribution.
6. After making the payment, take the printout of payment and duplicate bank teller to the ITF Office.
7. After that, hard copy of receipt and acknowledgement letter will be given to the client.
8. The employer’s details as given in the form 7A will be sent by the ITF Area office to the Headquarters of Revenue, Inspectorate and Compliance Department for issuance of ITF National Number.
9. After that, the Headquarters will send the ITF National Number to the Area Office for Scripting and Issuance of Certificate of Compliance to the client.
10. Finally, the client will be issued the Certificate of Compliance as evidence of compliance with the ITF Act.
For Registered or Existing Employers
Any registered company or employer is expected to completely fill ITF form 5A.
The completed ITF Form 5A is to be submitted to the ITF Area Office where they registered their company for vetting of their liability to the Fund.
Generate RRR either on the ITF Pay-Portal or Remita platform.
Go to bank to pay into ITF Account.
After payment, proceed to the Area Office to submit evidence of payment.
Certificate of Compliance will then be issued to the employer or company.