Do you like your NYSC Place of Primary Assignment (PPA), and wish to be retained as their permanent staff after the one-year mandatory national youth service? In this post, I’ll show you how to make your PPA retain you after your NYSC.
There are many Corps members that would like to even leave their PPA today without completing their service due to the nature of the job, place it is located and other factors. But there are some others lucky Corps member who get posting to good PPA and would like to be retained in the organization; whether you have good or bad PPA, think twice before you say you don’t want your employer to retain because there is no job out there, and if the nature of your job is in line with your career, you use the opportunity to gather lots of work experience that will catapult you to higher level.
To be retained as permanent staff at your current place of work is a decision that first has to be made by you before anyone else. Before you make this decision to remain in your present place of work, you ought to first consider if the job descriptions are in line with your career path and if the work environment would ensure growth both personally and professionally.
If your decision is to remain or be retained in your current place of work, then you should do things that will make your employer not to let you go because if you are important to your employer, he would do anything to see that you are retained after your NYSC.
So are you ready to discover the secrets of being indispensable at your NYSC Place of Primary Assignment? If ‘yes’, continue reading.
How To Make Your PPA Retain You After Your NYSC
Below are some tips that will make it difficult for your employer to let you go after your NYSC.
1. Develop positive work attitude: Employers like employees who gets the work done and motivates others to do the same without minding the challenges that inevitably come up in any job. Generally it’s your good response to work-related matters. Examples of positive work attitude include:
- Commitment to your job,
- Willing to work even if your employer is owing you,
- Helping your colleagues,
- Have a positive mind,
- Complain less
Negative work attitude includes:
- Unwilling to work
Avoid nagative work attitude and always show your employer how professional and dedicated you can be.
READ ALSO: Why you should accept N50k job offer
2. Be Punctual to work: Employers like employees who come to work on time, and are where they supposed to be. Always inform your employer ahead of time of changes in your schedule or if you are going to be late for any reason.
3. Have sense of honesty and integrity: Employers like employees who maintain a sense of honesty and integrity. Good relationships are built on trust. Employers need someone they can trust.
4. Be self-motivated: Employers like people who require little or no supervision/direction to get the work done in a timely and professional manner. Once a self-motivated employee know his work, he will do it without anybody asking him to do so.
5. Add value to the organization: Adding value to the organization you work is one of the biggest secrets of getting retained. No employer wants to let go of an employee that is making waves for the organization.
6. Be Goal and Result Oriented: Being a goal-getter will always set you above your peers. Always be at the top of your game. Set goals and standards for yourself periodically depending on your capabilities. Strive for the achievements of such goals and objectives. As an intern, do not feel over-used even when it may seem so sometimes. Be a high achiever of results and you will most certainly find favour in the sight of the right people who will be in charge of making the decision to retain you.
7. Develop Personal and Professional Skills: Employers like employees who exhibit professional behavior at all times. Professional behavior includes learning every aspect of a job and doing it to the best of one’s ability. Professionals look, speak, and dress accordingly to maintain an image of someone who takes pride in their behavior and appearance. Professionals complete projects as soon as possible and avoid letting uncompleted projects pile up.
How to make your PPA retain you after your NYSC
- Develop positive work attitude
- Be punctual to work
- Have sense of honesty and integrity
- Be self-motivated
- Add value to the organization
- Be goal and result oriented
- Develop personal and professional skills.
Top Posts of the Week=> How to apply for NYSC/CBN loan
=> CBN promises 7-year loan for Corpers
=> How to write a CV - samples
=> 10 places to get loan in Nigeria without collateral