Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition For Nigerian Undergraduate Students 2023
In honor of the late Miss Jemila Abubakar, the original Asido Foundation project manager, the Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) competition is held annually for undergraduates in academic institutions.
The top 15 competitors will be organized into cohorts in the usual way for the implementation of a 3-month JAME Project intervention across communities. The top three competitors will receive cash awards, and they will also serve as the leaders of the cohorts groups formed by the top 15.
The theme for this edition is Mainstreaming Mental Health in Nigeria: Barriers and Opportunities.
- Open to all undergraduates of any tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- Must be able to present evidence of studentship.
- Must sign the Asido Foundation’s unashamed pledge.
Benefits Of Asido Foundation Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition
- 1st Place: #200,000
- 2nd Place: #150,000
- 3rd Place: #100,000
On January 19, 2023, winners will be announced, and the top 15 will receive certificates and be added to the JAME 2023 Fellowship Mentees list.
How To Apply
Interested parties are urged to strictly abide by the following rules:
- Essay word count should range from a minimum of 750 to a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Participants are to attach a scanned copy of a recent passport photograph, proof of studentship and a certificate of the signed unashamed pledge.
- Body of the email should contain: full name, email address, phone number, name of institution, department and course of study, and level of study.
- Entries should be sent only in word document format to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here to apply
Joshua Joy Arashiya
Can someone who just completed his undergraduate program still apply?.