The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP), in conjunction with the Ministry of Health of Kogi State, is looking for suitable people to fill the following important positions for program implementation in the state.
The National AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections Control, and Hepatitis Programme (NASCP) is part of the Federal Ministry of Health’s Department of Public Health (FMoH). Its mission is to coordinate the development and effective implementation of Nigerian government policies, guidelines, and standard operating procedures for the prevention of new HIV infections, as well as to improve treatment, care, and support for those who have already been infected and affected by the virus. NASCP is executing the first phase of the National Clinical Mentoring in HIV program in 19 Nigerian states in conjunction with the USG to improve HIV service delivery.
Summary of the Position
The candidate should ideally be a resident of the state and familiar with the terrain.
S/He will be responsible for increasing the ability of frontline healthcare workers to provide high-quality HIV clinical services as part of a comprehensive care package in both public and private facilities, as well as in communities.
The work is for a one-year contract with the possibility of extension.
- Assist in facilitating sessions on the weekly ECHO videoconferencing sessions with health workers from various locations across the states, as needed.
- In partnership with the Ministry of Health and other stakeholders, develop standard operating procedures for the provision of HIV clinical care at the health facility. This could entail addressing patient flow issues, tracking defaulters, or clarifying referral channels through the development of relevant algorithms.
- Submit a monthly report including training and technical assistance activities, as well as results and recommendations for improving health-care services and adhering to national treatment guidelines.
- Provide on-site clinical training to health care personnel on HIV therapy, including adult and pediatric ART, as well as the management of tuberculosis and other opportunistic illnesses, in accordance with national recommendations.
- Provide training through clinical consultation, assisting local health care providers in identifying critical bottlenecks preventing patients from receiving antiretroviral therapy (ART), as well as assisting them with direct patient care as needed.
- As needed, provide continuous medical education (CME) to health professionals, which may involve didactic training sessions. All training will be conducted in compliance with national standards.
- Provide capacity-building seminars for health-care workers using a variety of techniques (including use of project ECHO, low bandwidth video conferencing).
- As needed, do other clinical mentoring-related tasks.
- A medical degree is required (MBBS or equivalent).
- A master’s degree or postgraduate certificate in public health, family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, or obstetrics will be advantageous.
- Must be a member of the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council.
- At least two years of clinical HIV and AIDS care, including antiretroviral therapy administration (ART)
- Experience with HIV clinical care program planning, assessment, and implementation will be advantageous.
- It’s a plus if you’ve done HIV-related operational research before.
- Good understanding of current HIV clinical care and service delivery trends and normative advice (national and international).
- Willingness to travel to clinics and hospitals in designated state geographic areas
Required Competencies / Skills:
- Coaching and mentoring abilities are required.
- Interpersonal skills and the capacity to collaborate with people from various backgrounds are essential.
- The ability to adapt problem-solving skills to a variety of situations.
- Strong planning and organizing abilities
- Adaptability to various cultural working situations
- Ability to understand and analyze data as well as produce reports
- Capacity to work as part of a team as well as independently in large, diverse groups.
- With a strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Computer and software/application skills, including presentation software, spreadsheets, and video conferencing.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to Kogistateclinicalmentor@gmail.com with the Job Title as the subject line, along with a Suitability Statement describing how their abilities, knowledge, and experience qualify them for the position they are applying for.
The deadline is February 10th, 2022.
Only those who have been shortlisted will be notified.