Under the USAID-funded Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE) Project, LEAP Africa is recruiting 50 anti-trafficking organisations from Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Borno, Edo, and Lagos to participate in a Positive Youth Development (PYD) Program beginning in September 2021.
The PYD is a 9-month blended programme that will provide representatives of CSOs combating human trafficking with the necessary skills and tools to support the design and delivery of transformative interventions that will promote the agency of young people who have been trafficked or are at risk of being trafficked.
Eligible organisations should:
- Work directly with human trafficking victims or survivors, particularly the mainly at-risk demographics, such as minors 35 years and under and women, or advocate on their behalf.
- Be a citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and be registered under the laws of the country.
- Have a presence in one or more of the following states: Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Borno, Edo, or Lagos are some of the states of Nigeria.
- Have been active in the operation of their ventures/enterprises for more than a year prior to the submission of this application.
- Be focused on the Countering Trafficking in Persons framework’s Prevention or Protection pillars, and/or be involved in Countering Trafficking in Persons advocacy.
- Capacity gaps in designing holistic and effective juvenile development and trafficking prevention programmes have been found.
- Be available to fully participate in all activities throughout the nine-month programme, including passing on newly acquired knowledge to other members of their team, evaluating various initiatives in their organisations, identifying opportunities to mainstream PYD in their work, and championing the PYD ethos in their programming.
- Selected organisations must nominate a representative to attend a 3-day residential regional workshop, 6-month instructor-led training sessions, and a virtual community of practise with other CSOs.
How to Apply for LEAP Africa Youth Development Program
For further enquiries on the application process, interested individuals should send an email to email@example.com.