Connect with us

Education

NASU, SSANU Begin Protest over 40Billion Earned Allowance

The non academic staff of universities under the umbrella of Non Academic Staff Union (NASU) and Senior Staff Association of Nigeria Universities (SSANU) have begun a 3-day nationwide protest to demand for an equitable share of the N40billion naira “Earned Allowance” paid by the Federal Government to university based union.

Get Federal Government Loan for Business Startup => See Here!

NASU, SSANU Begin Protest over 40Billion Earned AllowanceThe National President of NASU Mr. Hasan Manolo while addressing newsmen in Abuja on Tuesday said the unions are not satisfied with the sharing formula of the N40billion earned allowance.

According to him “There are issues on the ground and we have been taken for granted. We are looking at what we called earned allowance which everybody in the system is entitled to”.

Also Read:  List Of Accredited Online Universities In Nigeria

Speaking further,he said “The federal government gave us N30billion and we said that the N30billion be defined: that who and who are qualified for it.

“The federal government then said all the unions on campus are qualified to enjoy it and we agreed. We said that all the unions must be called to see how the sharing formula should be done” he said.

Speaking further, he said the government then added N10billion and the sharing formula was changed with one union taking about 75percent of the money while the remaining 25percent was meant for three other unions.

According to him, ” We will not accept a sharing formula of 75 percent to Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) and 25 percent for the non teaching staff.

Also Read:  Edo State Poly HND Admission Form 2022/2023 Application Portal Update

“This thing was done with impunity and we feel that we have to Protest for three days and we are going to appraise it after the three days and if nothing happens, we will decide the next line of action” he concluded.

Share this post

Continue Reading
You may also like...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Education

Advertisement

Recent Posts

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Enter your email address to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 7,814 other subscribers
To Top