The leadership of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has announced the commencement of collation of applications for the 3rd National Essay Competition 2021 titled, “5G Technology: Opportunities and Challenges”.
This announcement was made on the commission’s official website. This year’s essay competition is designed for undergraduates across Nigerian private and public tertiary institutions to create increased awareness on yet to be deployed 5G technology, encourage and enhance research, build capacity of Nigerian undergraduates, and enhance excellence and competition.
- 1 What is the role of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC)?
- 2 What are the goals of the NCC essay competition?
- 3 What are the criteria for eligibility to participate in the NCC essay competition?
- 4 What are the assessment criteria for the essay competition?
- 5 What is the prize and benefits of the essay competition?
- 6 How can I submit my entry?
What is the role of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC)?
The Nigerian Communications Commission is an agency under the Federal Ministry of Information and Communication. It has the responsibility of licensing for establishment, and monitoring of the operations of all media platforms in Nigeria, including radio, TV and Newspaper, and telecommunication organizations. It also has the power to sanction any media organisation that breaks any of the NCC broadcasting codes, either by withdrawing the organization’s operational license or by a fine.
What are the goals of the NCC essay competition?
The Nigerian Communications Commission’s essay competition was created to achieve specific objectives in Nigeria. These objectives are listed as follows:
- Intensify consciousness on the 5G technology.
- Engage and improve research.
- Encourage educational competition and excellence.
- Build capacity of undergraduates in Nigerian higher institutions of learning.
What are the criteria for eligibility to participate in the NCC essay competition?
In order to qualify to participate in this essay competition, there are specific conditions which you must fulfil. Below are the conditions you must meet to qualify:
- Be studying in any Nigerian higher institution (Private and Public)
- Must fill the competition form online, with all personal details required.
- Download the competition form and have it signed by your Dean of Studies.
- Your essay must pass plagiarism test.
- If selected as a winner, you will be invited to defend your essay before an NCC panel.
- Winners will be disqualified upon failure to successfully defend their essays.
What are the assessment criteria for the essay competition?
- Essay must contain a minimum of 500 words and maximum of 1,000 words.
- Must have an Abstract, Introduction, Main Body, and Conclusion.
- It must be properly referenced.
- Essay will be screened based on Content, Grammar and Structure.
- It must be submitted in a PDF file format
What is the prize and benefits of the essay competition?
• N500,000 (Cash)
• Laptop and Printer
How can I submit my entry?
If you are interested, you submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that submission deadline is 30th July, 2021, while the winners will be announced on September 13th, 2021. For inquiries you can contact: +234-9-4617000.