Did you apply for the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) recruitment? Are you looking forward to write NERC recruitment aptitude test? If your answer is ‘yes’ to any of the questions above, then you need our free NERC Past Questions and answers to get yourself prepared for the test.
Note that the NERC recruitment aptitude test questions can come from various fields of study, such as quantitative, physics, engineering, maths, geology, economics, history, chemistry, current affairs, general knowledge, and so on.
Note: Answers to some questions may not be correct, therefore we advised that you cross check the answers.
NERC Past Questions and Answers (Free)
1) What becomes V if we use 2 resistors of 4W in parallel?
A. 2.66 V
B. 6 V
C. 12 V
D. 24 V
2) If x = y – 9, and y – 4 = 10, x = ?
D. A and B
3) What is the force in pounds exerted upwards on a piston with a diameter of 4 inches if a gauge indicates the internal pressure in the cylinder is 1000 psi?
A. 4000 lbs
B. 250 lbs
C. 50,266 lbs
D. 12,566 lbs
4) What is the weight in kilograms of a string of pipe that is 11,500 ft long and weighs .33 pounds per inch?
A. 1,725 kg
B. 20,700 kg
C. 45,540 kg
D. 3795 kg
5) How much time in minutes will it take a car driving at 90 km/hr to travel 27 kilometers?
A. 3.3 minutes
B. 2430 minutes
C. 18 minutes
D. 0.3 minutes
6) What is the total capacity in gallons of a rectangular tank 5 meters in height knowing that it will hold 200 liters per foot?
A. 3281 gal
B. 1000 gal
C. 867 gal
D. 8670 gal
In the following question, a related pair of words or phrases is followed by five lettered pairs of words or phrases. Select the lettered pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.
7) COLOR: SPECTRUM
A. tone: scale
B. sound: waves
C. verse: poem
D. dimension: space
Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word
For questions 9 to 15, select the correct answer:
9) I don’t know_.
A. where is your pen
B. where is your pen is
C. where is the pen
D. where is the pen of yours
10) If you want to see him, __.
A. please let me know
B. let me know, please
C. please, let me know
D. let me please be known
11) _, the little girl ran out of the yard.
A. Being afraid of the dog
B. The dog she is afraid of
C. The dog has been afraid of
D. Was being afraid of the dog
12) The manager_ here at 4 p.m.
A. supposed to arrive
B. is supposed to arrive
C. will suppose to arrive
D. is supposed to arrive
13) Due to the devaluation, many people have become rich, but many others _.
B. have been ruined
C. have ruined
D. would have ruined
14) The man has been hospitalized since yesterday __.
A. because his serious wound
B. because of his serious wound
C. because of his seriously wound
D. because his wound seriously
15) Your suggestion, __, is beneficial to both the company and the employees.
A. different than his
B. as well as he
C. as he is
D. like his
In the sentence below, choose the word or set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
16) Early _ of hearing loss is __ by the fact that the other senses are able to compensate for moderate amounts of loss so that people frequently do not know that their hearing is imperfect.
(A) discovery … indicated
(B) development … prevented
(C) detection … complicated
(D) treatment … facilitated
For questions 17 to 40, choose the correct tense for the verbs in brackets:
17) I usually go by train, but this weekend I am going by bus. It (takes) longer but it costs less.
C. is taken
D. will take
18) I (do not think) your brother is enjoying the party. He keeps looking at his watch.
A. doesn’t think
B. didn’t think
C. don’t think
D. am not thinking
19) The hall (be) painted at the moment, so it isn’t looking its best.
A. is being
C. is to be
D. will be
20) At present I’m having my typewriter (repaired).
C. is repaired
D. being repaired
Kindly note that the NERC recruitment past Questions and Answers above is NOT complete! If you need the complete PDF copy, we can help you.
NERC Past Questions and Answers (Complete PDF)
To get the complete copy via email, you need to place an order. Follow the instructions below;
How to get complete pdf copy
1) Pay or transfer N1,500 into the following account:
Account Name: Eze Humphey
Account Number: 3043944711
Bank Name: First Bank
2) Immediately after payment, call Humphery on 08109043177 to notify him.
3) Provide your email address during the call or via SMS.
4) Once the payment is confirmed, the complete NERC test questions and answers ( PDF) will be sent to your email within ‘2’ minutes.