Information about the Nigeria Civil Defence salary structure is one of the most sought after details about any paramilitary organization in Nigeria, on the internet. The NSCDC Corp has become a well-loved security arm of the country.
For those who may have thought otherwise, the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps was created in 1967. It is, like the Nigerian Police, a paramilitary arm under the Nigerian government whose number one responsibility is to safeguard the citizens of the country from any internal threats and attacks. The members of the corps are permitted to bear arms and, like other armed forces, there is a hierarchy in Civil Defence as there are different ranks for officers, depending on their qualifications, performance and year of service.
What are the official ranks of NSCDC?
• Commandant General (CG highest rank) – Level 18.
• Deputy Commandant General (DCG) – Level 17
• Assistant Commandant General (ACG) – Level 16.
• Chief Commander (CC) – Level 15.
• Deputy Commander (DC) – Level 14.
• Assistant Commander (AC) – Level 13.
• Chief Superintendent Cadre (CSC) – Level 12.
• Deputy Superintendent Cadre (DSC) – Level 10.
• Assistant Superintendent Cadre (ASC I) – Level 9.
• Assistant Superintendent Cadre (ASC II) – Level 8.
• Inspectorate Cadre (CIC, DCIC, ACIC, PIC, IC, AIC) – Level 6 – 12.
• Assistant Cadre (CAI, CAII, CAIII) – Level 2 – 5
What rank will a B.Sc holder get in the Civil Defence?
For degree holders from any Nigerian university, your rank will begin from Assistant Superintendent Cadre (ASC II) – Level 8. Whereas those with the Higher National Diploma (HND) will begin from level 7. Master’s Degree holders who are lawyers start from level 9. Only medical doctors can begin as Chief Superintendent Cadre (CSC) – Level 12.
What is the Civil Defence salary structure in Nigeria for graduates?
• Assistant Superintendent Cadre – Level 8 – N121,000.
• Inspectorate Cadre – N69,000.
At the time of press, recruitment to the Nigerian Civil Defence is not ongoing, as NSCDC officially refuted recent claims that it was conducting recruitment into the Corp and advised people to disregard such information. Note that recruitment announcement is always published on NSCDC website and their official Facebook and Twitter handles.