The Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) has unveiled the 2021 NESG27 Essay Contest’s theme. The essay competition is accessible to all Nigerian undergraduates between the ages of 16 and 25, enrolled in any higher education institution in Nigeria or overseas. We are at a critical juncture in our country’s history, and what we do or don’t do now will have long-term ramifications for our future. The NESG is seeking applicants for the essay contest in order to appropriately express Nigeria’s priorities for establishing a foundation for ensuring our future.
This is a call for new solutions that emphasises the necessity for a coordinated response from all stakeholders (government at all levels, business, and civil society) in order to achieve success.
Essay Contest Theme: Securing Our Future: The Fierce Urgency of Now
Criteria for Eligibility for NESG27 Essay Contest
- All Nigerian undergraduates between the ages of 16 and 25 who are enrolled in any higher education institution in Nigeria or abroad are eligible to enter the essay competition.
- All entries must be written entirely in English.
Benefits of NESG27 Essay Contest
- The top three pupils will earn the following awards:
- Internship at the NESG with a stipend
- Presentation of an essay to a group of high-ranking public and private leaders
- Prestigious performance certificate
- The top 50 students will earn the following awards:
- Virtual tickets will be given to the top 50 students to attend, virtually, the 27th Nigerian Economic Summit, which will be held on October 25-26, 2021.
Procedure for Nigerian Economic Summit Essay
- Entries must be written only in English
- Multiple entries from one contestant will attract disqualification.
- The maximum word count is 1,500.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
- A one-sentence summary of your essay
- Video of a 15-second summary of a written essay
- Submission deadline is October 3rd, 2021.
How to Participate in NESG27 Essay Contest
If you are interested in submitting an entry for the essay competition, please visit the NESGROUP website for further information.