The Nigerian Ports Authority is a federal government organization in charge of managing and running Nigeria’s ports. The Lagos Port Complex and Tin Can Island Port in Lagos, Calabar Port, Delta Port, Rivers Port in Port Harcourt, and Onne Port are just a few of the important ports that the NPA controls.
Competition for essays honoring World Maritime Day in 2022 (Topic: New Technologies for Greener Shipping in Line with the 2022 World Maritime Day).
The International Maritime Organization (IMO) and Member States commemorate Maritime Day every year as a way to debate important problems, difficulties, and opportunities facing the global maritime industry. The competition is available to senior secondary school students.
The following are the guidelines for the competition:
- The essay competition is open to Senior Secondary School Students.
- Participants should as a matter of necessity attach proof of their studentship while submitting their essays
- Essay should be crafted in English Language only
- Minimum of 250 and Maximum of 500 words
- Essay must be typed in 12pt Microsoft word .
- Essay should be accompanied by a cover page with the name of school, student class, age and contact details (gsm and email)
- Images or quotes from other sources to boost the essay are welcome.
Benefits Of NPA World Maritime Day Essay Competition
- 1st Position: N500,000 Education Grant plus a laptop and plague + publication of the winning essay in the NPA Today and the NPA website
- 2nd Position: N300,000 Education Grant plus a laptop & a plagues
- 3rd Position: N200,000 plus a laptop & a plague
- 7 Consolation Awards of N100,000 plus a plague.
- Essays which do not follow the above guidelines will be disqualified
- Only successful participants will be contacted.
- Essay submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Winners will be notified within one week after the deadline
- Prizes and Awards will be presented a date to be announced.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their entries via: firstname.lastname@example.org .