NYSC online registration guidelines and requirements is a post that will show you all the necessary things needed to register online, and also provides guidelines that are to be strictly followed during online registration to ensure that you don’t make costly mistakes.
The NYSC online registration portal opens only when new registration is active.
Only Prospective Corps Members (PCM) who have seen their names on the Institution’s Academic Board Approved Senate List are eligible to register online at the portal.
The institution you graduated from will start the registration by uploading your details on the NYSC portal, but you are to finish the registration by submitting other require things that you Institution could not provide.
Below are some tips to guide PCMs during NYSC online registration:
- DO NOT thumb-print by proxy: what this means is, let no one thumb-print for you because the person will not follow you to camp to verify the thumb-print and will not continue to be thumb-printing for you during monthly bio-metric clearances. It will be a disaster if you let someone thumb-print for you!
Make sure the passport photograph uploaded is very clear.
DO NOT forget the e-Mail and Password used for the online registration: This is very important because you need it for subsequent login to your dashboard; it’s advisable to use something you cannot forget as your Password.
Apply for correction of spelling mistakes and rearrangement of names on your dashboard. If your name is not correctly spelt or if the arrangement is not in order, you can apply for correction during online registration.
Cross-check your records before submission. Don’t just submit after filling the e-form, cross-check ‘entries’ you made to avoid submitting wrong details that will affect you later.
Print-out in colored, the Green Card or Personal Details slip.
- How to check NYSC senate approved list for all Institutions.
- How to print NYSC Call-up letter online.
- How to make payment on the NYSC portal via Remita.
- How to correct wrong Date of Birth & Course of study through the NYSC portal.
NYSC Online registration requirements.
Haven gone through the guidelines, now, we shall be looking at the registration procedure and requirements.
- The NYSC official online registration website is any of the following:
- Verify your name on the Senate/Academic Board Approved list of your Institution. SEE: how to verify it here!.
If you are registering for the first time, click on “Registration for Mobilization (year & batch will be here)”.
If you have registered before but did not complete your Registration or Submit it, you do not need to create a new account, just click on “Login Here”, and then login with your previous e-mail and password to continue from where you stopped.
If you have registered online before, printed your green card but did not to proceed to orientation camp; just click on “Re-validation” link to re-validate your registration.
In order to ensure a seamless registration, Prospective Corps Members (PCM) are to note the following for strict compliance:
The registration requirements come direct from NYSC.
- Prospective Corps Members (PCM) should make sure that they have functional e-mail addresses which they can access at any time. If you don’t have e-mail address, it’s still easy to create one. Please, note that G-mail is more preferable.
PCM should have functional Nigerian phone numbers.
Locally trained PCM should make sure they use correct Matriculation numbers to register.
Only those whose names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their Institutions will have access to the register on the NYSC portal (Applicable to locally-trained graduates only).
For foreign-trained PCM: only those who graduated from accredited institutions are qualified for mobilization. If you are in doubt of the accreditation status of your Institution, it is your responsibility to approach the Federal Ministry of Education for verification.
- Foreign-trained Nigerian graduates are to uploaded the following documents during online registration:
a. West African School Certificate (WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent OR
General Certificate of Education (GCE O’Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent OR
NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent OR
NABTEB (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent OR
High School Diploma or its equivalent for those who attended school in the USA, etc.
b. Complete official transcript of the First Degree or HND program.
c. International Travelling Passport showing the following pages;
I. Personal Data.
II. Visa to the country of study.
III. Date of first departure to the country of study
IV. Date of arrival in Nigeria.
- Graduates with dual nationalities are required to upload Personal Data Pages of both international passports and present the passports for physical verification at the orientation camp.
It is the responsibility of the Prospective Corps Members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into English language before uploading them on the registration portal. The translated transcripts and certificates should also be presented in the orientation camp for physical verification.
All graduates of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotherapist, Radiology, Optometry, Medical Laboratory Science and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with their professional bodies. Note: Payment receipts are not acceptable.
Foreign-trained PCM should NOT visit the NYSC Abuja Headquarters for physical verification of documents like before. The physical verification will be done at the various NYSC orientation camps across Nigeria.
PCM are to print their call-up letters online and report to the orientation camps with it
Provisional certificates are not allowed: on-line print-out, scanned and photocopies of credentials are not acceptable in the NYSC camp.
11. Foreign-trained graduates who registered for Exemption Certificate shall present all their original academic credentials and international passport for physical verification when they come to collect the certificate at the National Directorate Headquarters, Abuja.
- All foreign-trained graduates who registered and are excluded from service should also present original academic credentials and international passport at the NYSC NDHQ, Abuja, for physical verification before Exclusion Letters are printed on-line.
All foreign-trained prospective Corps Members who registered but were not called up for service in the last batch should log on to the NYSC portal to re-validate their registration. This category of persons need not pay N3,000.00 (three thousand naira) again.
Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped.
Prospective corps members should ensure that Passport photographs used meet the following specifications:
a. Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth and jaw) is fully shown without bending
b. Ensure the picture fills the frame and centralized
c. Ensure the Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow.
On account should PCM Register by PROXY. They should also remember the fingers used for their bio-metric capturing as these will be used for verification at the orientation camps.
Those who cannot be verified with their bio-metric at the orientation camp will not be registered.
Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters on-line are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00).
PCM who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.
All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration before but were not mobilized need not to pay again.
Married female PCM should upload copies of their marriage Certificates, evidence of Change of name and their husbands’ place of domicile during registration for concessional deployment.
The orientation camp is highly not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective corps members in this category are therefore to note that they will not be accommodated. But they can attend camp program through off-camp.
PCM with serious health challenge should indicate their true health status during registration to enable concessional deployment for them.
All Part-time graduates are expected to register online and wait for collection of their Letter of Exclusion at their various Institutions. For those willing to print the Letter of Exclusion online, this can be done on payment of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) only. The End!