The Scholars program at Columbia University and the University of Chicago equips people with a demonstrated commitment to service with the knowledge and skills necessary to increase the impact of their efforts, find novel solutions to pressing global issues, and foster change through values-based leadership.
A worldwide network that transcends concerns and borders will be formed as a result of the program by emerging leaders who are committed to collaborating to address the most urgent problems of our day. Obama Foundation Scholars who successfully complete the program will:
- Return to work on their global issue of focus and implement their personalized action plan to accelerate positive change within their community.
- Have an opportunity to play a role in the Obama Foundation’s efforts to inspire, empower, and connect rising leaders from around the globe.
The Obama Foundation provides a comprehensive curriculum of leadership development, training, networking opportunities, and individualized support to aid the Obama Scholars in acquiring the practical knowledge, abilities, and experiences they require to increase the impact of their work when they return home. While planning how they would like to reinvest their new skills, networks, and knowledge after they graduate from the program, Scholars are able to gain insights from top leaders across sectors and from the wealth of knowledge across the network of Obama Foundation program participants thanks to these experiences.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University seeks rising leaders from the United States and around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “breakthrough moment” in their careers.
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities.
- Are fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken).
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to inclusivity, community-orientation, hope, courage, imagination, strategy, accountability, integrity and resilience.
Benefits Of Obama Foundation Scholars Program
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University, if the program is able to convene in person
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City, if the program is able to convene in person
- Air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities, if the program is able to convene in person.
Click Here to apply