If you have grown tired of arbitrary charges on your bank account and you are reading this article, you are reading the right post that will give you information on how to prevent banks from making unauthorized charges on your account. Good to know how to stop banks from the annoying and unnecessary debits on your account, right? Alright! Let’s cut soap for you.
As someone used to making purchases or payments online with your debit card, you may have found that some of the services you subscribe to are billing you without your permission. This occurs because you may neglect to unsubscribe from these services at times. Discover What Banks Consider Before Granting Loans In Nigeria
And this could damage your budget and prevent you from purchasing critical items for yourself and your family.
With that out of the way, let’s look at ways to avoid unwelcome recurring fees on your bank account. You will only be charged if you approve it via this method.
Block and Unblock ATM Cards Temporarily
Most people are unaware that they can restrict and unblock their debit or credit card from the comfort of their own homes. If you purchase online, you’re probably aware that your bank card has secret numbers on it that can be used to access your account:
- The front 16 digits
- The expiration date
- The three-digit code on the back.
How to Block Your ATM Card
Now, here’s how to block your card if you don’t want to be charged unexpected costs or lose your ATM card. For emphasis, I’ll be using the Access Bank app, and I believe it will be available in other banks’ apps as well.
- Log in to your application.
- At the top left of your account dashboard, tap the options button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Cards & Cheques,’ then ‘Cards.’
- Select ‘Manage Cards’ from the drop-down menu.
- The option to ‘Block’ or ‘Unblock’ your cards will then appear.
- Choose ‘Block,’ then ‘From Account,’ and choose the account whose card you want to block.
- Input your pin.
- Select ‘Block Card’ from the drop-down menu.
That is all there is to how to prevent banks from making unauthorized charges.
You’ll also need to unblock your card before you can use it. Simply repeat the process, but this time select ‘Unblock’ instead of ‘Block.’