The SPDC -JV Regional LiveWIRE Programme has begun, according to The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the NNPC/Shell/Total Energies/Agip Joint Venture (SPDC JV).
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited supports the young entrepreneurial development initiative LiveWIRE Nigeria (SPDC). The program intends to provide training and funding to young people ages 18 to 35 in order to inspire, motivate, and support them in starting their own enterprises.
- Be aged 18-35 and ready to start their own businesses
- Male and female applicants from the region (South-South)
- Must possess a University degree or HND in any discipline
- Must have completed NYSC if within mandatory bracket.
- Must be resident in their State of Origin;
- Must not be in paid employment
- Must have an innovative business idea.
- Must desire to own and manage a business.
The Program’s goals are to:
- Educate final-year university students about business to persuade them to consider starting a firm as a viable career option.
- Bright Ideas Workshops can help young people find and develop company “ideas.”
- Make business planning and management standards and skills accessible to young people who wish to start their own businesses through the Become A Successful Owner Manager Course (BSOM)
- Award the finest business proposals through affiliated financial institutions, NGOs, and banks, with the proceeds going toward microcredit facilities.
- Run a prize for young individuals who have maintained a business for two to three years and keep the prize every year.
- For those who have finished the training program and choose to pursue creating their own business, offer a volunteer mentorship program. Mentors can be found in the banking, oil and gas, nonprofit, and other sectors.
- Youth enterprise information can be printed out and distributed at LiveWIRE Resource Center.
- Youths between the ages of 18 and 30 are the intended beneficiaries.
How To Apply
Go to Shell Nigeria on ng.livewire.shell to apply
This information was first published on nyscinfo.com DMCA PROTECTED.