TETFAIR is a year-long programme, sponsored by TETFUND. A unique opportunity for researchers and academics in Nigerian Universities to transform their ideas into market-driven solutions, Including the development and fabrication of prototypes.
Selected teams of researchers and academic staff, who have ideas for innovative solutions in one of our areas of focus, will be taken through a journey that combines Technology and product development along with venture creation.
Apply For: CBN Non-Interest Loan 2023
- Agriculture and Food Technology
- Environment, Energy & Circular Economy
- Health & Accessibility
- Information Communication Technology
- Transportation, Aviation & Shipping
- Streamlining / Improving Production Process
About Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND)
The Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) was originally established as Education Trust Fund (ETF) by the Act No 7 of 1993 as amended by Act No 40 of 1998 (now repealed and replaced with Tertiary Education Trust Fund Act 2011). It is an intervention agency set up to provide supplementary support to all level of public tertiary institutions with the main objective of using funding alongside project management for the rehabilitation, restoration and consolidation of Tertiary Education in Nigeria.
The main source of income available to the Fund is the two percent education tax paid from the assessable profit of companies registered in Nigeria. The Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS) assesses collects the tax on behalf of the Fund.
Benefits of TETFund Alliance For Innovative Research Program
The 12 month journey runs both in person and online and includes:
- Practical training, tailored mentorship, integration of tools for entrepreneurial and creative thinking and behavior, business model development, alongside product and technology development methodologies, advanced design methods, and familiarity with the world of patents and economic aspects of entrepreneurship.
- Access to the INNOV8 HUB in Abuja – an ultramodern fabrication and innovation center designated for the development of prototypes with the support of professional experts.
- An all-expense paid training in Abuja which will cover flights, accommodation, feeding and daily stipends.
- Opportunity to showcase the innovations to relevant potential design partners/ strategic partners/ investors (local and foreign)
- The journey is designed and facilitated in collaboration with international experts from the acclaimed Zell entrepreneurship program. The technology development journey will include hands-on support from experts in collaboration with Makelab.
- You should be a team of between 2 to 4 researchers/academic staff, from a Nigerian university (TETFund enlisted beneficiary Institution). Your idea should be one of our areas of focus. Your vice chancellor’s office would need to approve your nomination by signing an endorsement form.
- Your team should include multidisciplinary complementary skills that can potentially take the idea (with our help and mentorship) from an idea, through the development and fabrication of the prototype to a market-driven product.
- A member who has an idea for an innovative solution and has relevant knowledge and skills.
- A member who has additional complementary relevant skills (technical/scientific/mechanical/medical/engineering, depends on your area of focus).
- A member with financial/business/entrepreneurial skills or orientation.
- Your innovation should be at the idea stage or early stages of development.
- Ideally, your invention should include a hardware/physical element (Not only digital elements)
How To Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND) on www.innov8hub.ng to apply
For more details, visit TETFund website on http://www.innov8hub.ng/tetfair-4-universities/
Apply For: CBN Non-Interest Loan 2023