The SDGs Advocate Program is a three-month training and advocacy program for Nigerian youth. The course consists of more than 20 lectures, original readings, and extensive evaluations.
The strategic aim is for this Cohort to train 100 adolescents who would then instruct secondary school students and community groups or societies using the unique training manuals and toolkits. Through the trainers-of-trainers concept, they intend to reach over 100,000 pupils and 5000 community group members. The training will be focused on increasing understanding regarding advocacy and the implementation of SDGs. The program will also emphasize systems and design thinking, problem framing, and how to look inside to tackle developmental problems at secondary and postsecondary institutions using the SDGs.
About United Nations
The English language component of the Indigenous Fellowship Programme (IFP) was established in 1997. It takes place at the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) in Geneva, Switzerland and lasts for 4 weeks, usually coinciding with the annual meeting of the Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (EMRIP). The objective of this training programme is to enhance the knowledge of indigenous peoples on existing international human rights instruments and mechanisms, so they can use them to more effectively advocate for the rights of their communities.
Benefits of UN SDSN Nigeria SDGs Advocates Programme
- Collaborations with global changemakers
- World Recognition as SDG Advocates
- Leadership and Career Development
- Capacity Building of young people to localize global solutions
Requirements For Qualification
To participate in this program, please note the following criteria before proceeding with your application:
- Applicant must be Nigerian between the ages of 18 – 35 years.
- Ability to commit at least 4 hours per week throughout the program.
- Availability to partake in virtual training.
- Interested in being a development and transformation agent
- Applicants must not necessarily be acquainted with the knowledge of the SDGs 2030.
How To Apply
For more details, visit SDSN website on https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdmflY6p9ddBsbUY4aLMJgvA6keaz1ixnl7w7Zy-1G01-ctJw/viewform