The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian organisation dedicated to combating hunger. Every day, the World Food Programme strives to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, particularly women and children, have access to nutritious food. In this post, we will teach you how to apply for UN WFP Internship Programme for young Nigerians.
The goal of this female internship programme is to establish WFP as a preferred employer among university students, increase female staff representation, and develop a national talent pipeline for WFP’s future needs. The initiative is also expected to improve youth employability by offering job experience to female fresh graduates and university students, as well as foster a better knowledge of the United Nations among participants through participation with the World Food Programme.
World Food Programme (WFP) Scholarships
The World Food Programme’s Innovation Accelerator seeks out, nurtures, and scales innovative solutions to hunger around the world. We provide financial support, access to a network of expertise, and a global field reach to WFP innovators and external start-ups and corporations. We believe that the way forward in the fight against hunger is to identify and test ideas in a flexible manner, rather than to build grand plans. The Innovation Accelerator is a location where people from all over the world can learn what works and what doesn’t when it comes to fighting hunger; it’s a place where we can take risks and fail as well as succeed. WFP collaborates with WFP entrepreneurs, businesses, and non-governmental organisations to develop hunger-fighting solutions.
The UN WFP Female Internship Program’s Goals and Benefits
- Based on the current United Nations exchange rate, the WFP will pay interns a monthly stipend of up to US$942 in local currency.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenditures, lodging arrangements, travel to and from the WFP internship location, required visas, or any fees associated with the internship.
UN Women’s Food and Agriculture Organization (WFP) Female Internship Program Requirements Qualification
- A bachelor’s degree in political science, economics, statistics, information management, journalism, business administration, social sciences, or a related discipline is required.
- Interest in international humanitarian development has been demonstrated.
- Knowledge of best practises, methodologies, and processes in information management, as well as a fundamental theoretical background.
- Strong written and oral communication abilities, as well as the ability to do substantive analysis and write reports.
- Knowledge of UN/WFP particular processes and systems, or the capacity to swiftly acquire them.
- English Language Proficiency
How to Apply for UN WFP Female Internship Program
If you are in interested and qualified, go to World Food Programme (WFP).
Visit the WFP website for additional information.