Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply for the 2022 Graduate Training Program at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital.
Following the passing of an edict in 1973, the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) was established as a tertiary health center (number 12). It was founded to complement her sister institution, University of Benin, and to provide secondary and tertiary care to the then Midwestern Region (now Edo and Delta State) and its environs as the sixth of Nigeria’s first generation Teaching Hospitals.
Its ideals were summarized in her motto for Healing, Research, and Training when it was founded. UBTH, which is located on the Benin – Lagos Expressway, was first opened in 1973 as a 300-bed hospital and has since grown to accommodate over 500 in-patients.
Program for Residency Training
Job Description: Applications are solicited from qualified individuals for admission to the University of Benin Teaching Hospital’s Residency Training Program in the following disciplines:
- Medicine (All Specialties)
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Child Health
- Chemical Pathology
- Medical Microbiology
- Morbid Anatomy (Histopathology)
- ENT, Head & Neck
- Mental Health
- Community Health
- Family Medicine
- Orthopaedics & Traumatology / Burns & Plastics
- Restorative Dentistry
- Periodontics Dentistry
- Oral Diagnosis & Radiology
- Oral Pathology & Medicine
- Community Dentistry
- Emergency Medicine
- Pedodontics Paediatric Dentistry
- Radiation & Clinical Oncology
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Criteria for Eligibility
- Candidates must have the requisite academic qualifications as well as preliminary regulatory registration.
- A candidate for the position of Registrar II in any of the specialties must have an MBBS degree from a recognized university (as defined by MDCN) as well as a Primary Fellowship Certificate in the selected field of study.
- Candidates must have completed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) or have a letter of exemption, whichever is applicable.
Salary is the same as it is in the Federation’s Federal Civil Service.
How To Apply
Candidates who are interested and qualified should fill out the Application Forms listed below. All completed Application Forms should be mailed or delivered to the following address, along with all required credentials:
The Office of the Chief Medical Director,
University of Benin Teaching Hospital,
P.M.B. 1111, Benin City,
This information was first published on nyscinfo.com. DMCA PROTECTED.